The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting Spats

SuperSupra

Why put them on and want to remove them?

You can remove them but you risk damaging the spats and its a bitch to clean the bumper with all that Tiger poo on it!

Think I'll just do it and if i do ever want to remove them (unlikely), i'll cross that bridge when i come to it. Wonder if i can get it from and shops, wouldn't mind doing it today. One way to find out, i'm off for a drive. Cheers Ray

If you want it to stay on don't use Tiger seal! its crap and will crack!

use Sikaflex 221 its the proper stuff, you would have to cut it off should you want to remove though, tip when fitting apply it an press on tape in place temporarily wipe off the excess with your finger and then use spirt wipe to clean it up as its a pig to get off when dry!

If you want it to stay on don't use Tiger seal! its crap and will crack!

use Sikaflex 221 its the proper stuff, you would have to cut it off should you want to remove though, tip when fitting apply it an press on tape in place temporarily wipe off the excess with your finger and then use spirt wipe to clean it up as its a pig to get off when dry!

Not heard of this stuff, but i have to say that's the first bad comment i've heard about tiger seal! What is this sikaflex 221? Is it a liquid adhesive, or like a tape type thing?

Sikaflex is an adhesive that most serious spray shops use for fitting kit body panel's etc, you would need to go to a motor factor or paint supplier for it,

its a similar consistency to Tiger seal in a caulk gun type tube, i have used Tiger seal for fitting and small bits of kits in the past only to have it crack in the summer heat! one thing to be sure of before trying to fit any piece of body kit is that it is trimmed and fettled to fit right without any adhesive, or it will end up looking crap!

Sikaflex is an adhesive that most serious spray shops use for fitting kit body panel's etc, you would need to go to a motor factor or paint supplier for it,

its a similar consistency to Tiger seal in a caulk gun type tube, i have used Tiger seal for fitting and small bits of kits in the past only to have it crack in the summer heat! one thing to be sure of before trying to fit any piece of body kit is that it is trimmed and fettled to fit right without any adhesive, or it will end up looking crap!

I agree with Ricky on this one. Sikaflex all the way. Slightly cheaper than Tiger Bond too, from memory?

Andy

I have a pair of these myself but never bothered fitting them, cos most seemed to have that jig-saw patched look about them.....

However, i noticed this

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/7082/supraspats3he.jpg

This has been professionaly blended into the panel and looks a million times better, (think some of the Supra dealers in the North east did this, Envy??)