The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RTLC question

Clarkey

Can someone tell me how RLTC should respond when you set it to "WET" mode ?

When I drive mine in the dry .. and then change to WET (just for curiousity) - RLTC cuts fuel as I accelerate. I can feel it and also see it on my WB02. The needle will bounce from a 14.2-14.9 .. to a 15 or 16.

I can still accelerate freely with it set to WET - it doesn't stop me completely. When in DRY mode - I don't get that at all. DRY mode does fuel cut - but only around roundabouts, bends and sometimes straights ;)

Is this correct behaviour ? The reason I ask is Matt H did my install and we had a problem with the setup of RLTC - it would fuel cut very violently and erratically - even with a Terminator DAT file. ;)

Now, since updating the DAT file a few times and driving around in circles the behaviour has changed to what I've described.

Ta

Floor the throttle coming round a roundabout this morning with the road cover in water. I guess RLTC is doing it's thing because I simply caned it. No slipping. No drama. Nice one.

I have in the past though hacked up a rain-sodden sliproad with the RLTC set to Wet and been all over the place. That was on the 2nd turbo though so maybe that's why. This morning I was only using the 1st turbo.

Racelogic will respond pretty much how you want it too... this might not be useful, but a couple of things I found:

I dont know about supras, but "standard" settings for 200sx's are nothing but a basic starting point, it really needs optimising and playing around with to get the best from it. From your description, it may be that it could be tinkered with :)

Its stupidly easy to do, hook it up to a laptop and do some wheel speed traces in a straight line at a few different speeds (inc 70 +), you obviously want all the wheels to be reading the same speed. If not, I tend to adjust wheel sizes until the front/back traces overlap perfectly.... you can do this in several other ways, but this is just what I find easiest... then you can test it under different conditions... if it cuts too early then increase wet/dry threshold until it only cuts at the desired level, if it cuts too late then do the opposite. Lots of other things to play with but those are a start ;) The system should be pretty unobtrusive, but its hard to tell from your description if the cuts were to do with slippy conditions or exactly as the system should work :)

still dont really know if mine is working either. my light doesnt flash

Maybe your led's just not working. You would know if the RLTC wasnt working.

I dont get any spin on wet setting, only unobtrusive fuel cut.

It will spin slightly on a slightly damp road on dry setting.

I need to find an empty road to check the other settings out. :eyebrows:

OK. I had a little test on Friday morning. Came round a roundabout and had to floor it to avoid a truck from running into the side of me. It was then that I hit a patch of frozen rain water and I could really feel the traction control working then. The engine just sort of reins the power in and you don't get any drama from the rear end. (I had RLTC set to Wet).

I'm happy now that my RLTC is working fine.