The mkiv Supra Owners Club

introduce myself

dan4

Hello peeps i am 20 from kent, my gt four was sold today so i am now on the hunt for a new car....

I was looking at rx7's as well as supra's but after my test drive today in a manual tt i will probably scrap the rx7 idea. They are a dream to drive :p

Hello peeps i am 20 from kent, my gt four was sold today so i am now on the hunt for a new car....

I was looking at rx7's as well as supra's but after my test drive today in a manual tt i will probably scrap the rx7 idea. They are a dream to drive :p

welcome and good choice, i love the RX7 but when they go wrong in the engine they go very wrong, my mate was a ex mazda mechanic and he used to hate them coming in as they had been fixed by people that said they knew how to fix them but there are very few people really know how to fix them properly

on the test drive of the jap one today i noticed a button next to the traction control button that said active spoiler....can some1 explain or point me to a link that will expalin.

also what would be the common probs on a supra.... Do they have the same expensive super strut set up as on the gt four?

The 'auto-off' button stops the active front spoiler deploying at 60mph. The Down button lowers the active spoiler then the ignition is on but engine off (so you can clean it).

Theres no real common faults, there's few things to look out for but that applies for any car you buy. Take a look at the FAQ section in the Technical area, there are some extremely detailed guides on what to look for when buying a supra.

Good luck with your search

oh and i am after a uk car please....

The inevitable question is why?

The answers have also been posted numerous times but there are often misconseptions about UK/JAP decisions!!

Not saying the jap is better (even though it is :D :p :cool: ), but you'd have a much wider choice if you included j-specs as well as UKs in your search (like mine and penguins for example! :D ).