The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All who attended Santa pod today!

Pig

Well guys and girl, once again it was great to see every one.

Great to meet some new faces and catch up with the old.

Sorry to be a spoil sport and not run the people carrier, i though there were enough shit boxes out there with out another going down the strip.

Anyway, just got home after going to a chick flic and wanted to thank you all for a lovely day.

Dave haggis: Great to have met you, you seem like a top bloke. Look forward to the next time.

Steve and Carol: Good spot! Looking forward to hearing the beast decatted :D Oh and carol, have you asked steve if you can have the pink outfit?

Matt: Hope you managed to find you dad, as i lost you. Good to see you though, hope to see you at the next essex meet.

Homer (Darrel): Good to see you even though you didnt recognise me lol. See you still dont have the BL4" though. tut tut :D

Matt: Hope you found your dad. We seemed to lose you but it was good to bump into you! Hope to see you at the next freeport meet!

Lee S: Glad you managed to ask for directions in the end...typical men! Good to see you though buddy!

Adi: Please tell me you broke the 14 sec barrier! Glad you liked the TC fuse out. If the flashing O/D light annoys you, feel free to come round and we can both take the stupid bulbs out!

James and Sabrina: Hope Turbofit sorted you out and you didnt have to do the joint driving game again lol. Also....if they did, did you break the 13's?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jon, nice to meet you again today. Sorry we didn't get time to chat, I had to go and move my car then didn't see you again!

Not too many decent times, some of the lads with standard cars got some respectable times, but all the higher power ones had no traction. Both Ro and myself had wheelspin all the way through 1st, 2nd and 3rd and at one point James was still spinning going over the line,

I managed a 13.55 which is pretty rubish, but I think this might have been the best time out of our group.

As everyone's said, nice to meet some new faces. Homer - Ta for the company when I was queueing, and Sabrina too.

James, well impressed you weren't more peed off when that cable snapped!!

Didn't get out of the 14's I'm afraid Jon, but my terminal speeds are about 6mph higher than they were before, so I'm pleased with that. I think the other cat needs to come out cos it's my launches that are letting me down, but hey, I did an escossie :)

anyone else up for a trip to York when it gets warmer for a go with a bit more grip??

It was good to meet some nice people yesterday,thank you all for making me feel welcome.

Thanks for your compliment Jon(well i hope it is a compliment!).Our first meeting was a little spooky to say the least,must be a good omen.Say hi to Jackie for me.

I felt very stealthy with a standard exhaust,trying to muscle in with you modifieds.All i could hear on the trip was Steve Ws exhaust in front of me!Carol you must have a headache....

To the rest of you guys that i met CHEERS!:D

What a day, im gonna do a seperate post in a minute. The surface for me was terrible and managed on my last run to add over 10 seconds to my best ever. Apart from everything trying to spoil my day had great company which kept a smile on my face all day :D Really nice to catch up with old friends and making new. Hope next time i don't have too much bother and can spend more time chatting.

Thanks everyone :clap:

Pictures to follow.

100_1508.JPG

100_1509.JPG

Great day, just a shame I didn't get to meet more of you.

Bumped into James when he was having trouble and exchanged shouted hello's at Homer :D as he passed our club parking right at the top of the que for the strip. Our lot had trouble get getting some good times too especially in the morning, no grip at all :(

I was there, mine was the (in need of a v.good clean) red supra with black alloys.

Never run on the stip before so decided to give it a go. Was shocked how slippy it was!! couldnt get traction until half way thru third gear, and shows in my times, best was 15.3 :( i could skim 3seconds off that time on a normal road than at the pod with the track being as slippery as it was i recon.

My mate next to me (in the pic) in that red nova did well tho, 13.1 at 111mph:rolleyes: , he had the right idea tho, semi racing slicks and nothing in it apart from a seat.

Shame i didnt get to meet any of you, it was a last minute decision to go so didnt get time to pop online to see if anyone else was going :( hope to meet you all next time.

Dont think im going to be running there again until they do something about the surface! rockingham have just spent 2mill on their circuit, and it now has a brand new 1/4mile strip, might be worth a trip there :)

we really do need to find out when the RWYB days are on at Avon Raceway, its a bit further to go but at least they wont be ripping off punters by leaving the track badly prepped.

JB

I mentioned going here yeterday JB, maybe organise a small run up there in a month or 2??

Diary

We wondered who the red one was, you should have popped over and said hi.

Thanks john i did find him! It was good to see everyone again and to meet some new people. It was a good day out, just wish the queue wasnt so long as i was planning to run! Although judging by what you are all saying i might not have gained anything anyway! I'm up for trying somewhere else though, it wont matter to much about going a bit further if you get to do a fair few runs!

THIS is my 'homepage'... (T'Turner told me to go get a page,

only way i can 'post' the clips up i'm afraid ! Anyone got ANYWHERE i

can upload 'em to where they can be DOWNLOADED from for everyone ??)

http://www.putfile.com/liquorice24

uploaded one of the Jet Car (the dusk one, a day and a night one to do)

just uploaded Adi's one v the Cossie...AT FULL RATE ! !

took ~5 times longer but you can see the difference...

Carole says i should sit and upload 'em ALL at the better rate ! ! !

BLOODY WOMEN ! ! ! !

good going guys and nice pics ttuner, will come down with you guys soon to a rwyb day i think, wanna get the car in the low 12's before the big single goes on :cool: