The mkiv Supra Owners Club

broke the supra

jamesmark

hi guys/gals

had my car lowered the other week and its too damn low, and i have been taking my time and treating her with kid gloves going over any speed bumps that i have to go over. took the car to work as i always do on a saturday and got in fine but when i went out i grounded the car on the drivers side, there must have been a dip as i never ground the passenger side. so my car is getting raised again in a matter of urgency

am gutted i feel so sick

heres the damage..............

supra 001.jpg

supra 002.jpg

supra 003.jpg

What springs did you put on mate?

koni struts and eibach springs dropped her by 38mm on the front so i am getting the struts measured and getting some lathe work done on some mild steel and getting them lathed out and slid down the strut for the springs to sit on

i wanted so much to get RLTC on the next group buy but nows its a new bumper

So the next 'mod' will be getting closer to stock, right?

I never understood why people try to lower cars that are meant to be used in normal roads. A single ramp or pothole can do damage, are looks worth the sacrifice?

I understand a 18year old with a Nova trying to look 'sporty', but a supra has nothing to prove, right?

Sorry to read about your woes, Mark.

I'd like to be the first to say that some t-cut will sort that!

As for lowering. It's madness. Certainly around these parts. Unless all you ever do is motorway and A-road driving. When I get my new susp. stuff I may go a bit lower but only by 20mm max even with standard bumpers and the like. I'd never get over the speed mountains at work if I went too low.

gutted for you james, i never go near a speed bump.

I never understood why people try to lower cars that are meant to be used in normal roads. A single ramp or pothole can do damage, are looks worth the sacrifice?

I understand a 18year old with a Nova trying to look 'sporty', but a supra has nothing to prove, right?

its worth it to me, a standard looking car is fine at stock ride hight, but a car with a big after market bumper looks silly if its miles off the ground, IMHO

stock height set up is should be left be with a stock bumper, but when you have a body kit all round, and slam on some bigger wheels like 18's, you need to lower the car, it really does look pretty much like a 4 x 4, if you want to leave your stock suspension, then leave the car totally stock looking from the outside, i.e stock wheels, etc.

• 2 months later...
Guest blueangel

i have a blitz bumper going cheap it needs a little attention but any good bodyshop would be able to sort it out only want £75 for it