The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Nurburgring

J-S14A

I'm planning a trip accross europe during the summer, including a few cheeky laps of the Nurburgring in Germany, going to Worthersee in Austria, and a stop in Amsterdam :drag:

I'm almost certain a UK spec supra is the way to go, due to its superior long distance cruising ability, but i'm not sure how a standard one would take to the race track.

This got me thinking that maybe a Honda Integra type R is maybe a better bet, as it's quick, has excellent handling as standard and would be much more friendly n the juice than a supra (although i'm lead to believe they aren't much fun on a motorway due to little sound deadening)

has anybody on here done a similar trip in a supra?

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :help:

To be honest i'm more bothered about going to worthersee in austria. Going to a vw show there, and they don't seem too keen on jap cars out there (nodoubt it will get vandalised by a euro vw fan who thinks his 1.3 g40 polo has a chance against my supe :eyebrows: )

A UK-spec on steady motorway cruise can get upto 32mpg.

I've had 32mpg out of mine... stick it into cruise control and stay to 70mph and it works a treat.

The UK-spec (and J-spec for that matter) is a great car for taking round the 'ring.

Only thing I'd reccomend if you have wider than stock tyres is to put some spring assistors into your coils. This is to stop the suspension from travelling too much under compression whilst on the track.

(Check out my vid from last year..... when you hear some quick grinding noises.. that's my rear tyres catching the inside of the wheel arch).

If you have stock width tyres you'll be fine.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ajiwebsite/page5.html