The mkiv Supra Owners Club

will these fit part 2

wkdtime

9.5 rears with 30mm off set? how close will it be to the arch?

thanx guys.

wkdtime

I'm not sure they will fit, thats a big difference to the stock 50mm.

Edited to add: +30mm offset means that the wheel will acutally be further away from the arch, but with a 20mm difference from stock you run the risk of the inside of the wheel hitting the calipers. Just did a search and it seems some people have fitted +38 without problems, so you might be okay.

This is alway very confusing! i always thought being logical about it, std Supra wheels have a + offset of 50 presuming this is in mm! so it has a +distance of 50mm added to the centre line measurement, so if if you try a wheel with a + offset of 30mm it will sit 20mm farther in from the wheel arch! if it was a - offset it would be the reverse!

this is so confusing, i have read numerous posts stating that the lower the offset the closer the sheel will be to the arch. Anyone care to shed some light or am i talking boxxxxks? just coppied this from the 'ibrar's' post

"The PCD is fine, you will also need to take into consideration the hub centre bore (60.1mm)

30mm offset will bring the wheel further outboard and will foul the arches"

so the smaller the offset the closer it will be to the arch, so back to the burning question will 9.5rears ET-30 offset rub against the arches?

yeah that does mate,

lol i know i sound like a broken record, so does this mean it will rub against the arches? how close will it be?

So, do you have a wheel with a +30mm offset, or -30mm offset?

If its -30mm you have no chance of them fitting, with +30mm you might get them to fit but could need spacers.

Nope it was positive offset. But the new one shows both...It's just so the people that don't know which way round is what have a picture to go by....Just trying to be helpful! :)

http://www.tomzwheels.com/offset1.jpg

Sorry but if you take a look at your other pic it says your wrong!:) this pic is a negative offset.

Dunno my eyes must be playing me about then ...because in the 1st pic it looks like the hub mounting surface is outwards from the centerline..depicting positive.

And negative acording to the second set of pictures is the hub surface inward from the center line. ?????????

That pic above is a little deceptive:blink: :)

But it's correct ;)

larger positive offset means the wheel is closer to the arch, lower positive offset or negative offset means it sat further away from the arch.

EDIT: IGNORE ABOVE! I got it the wrong way round.

That pic above is a little deceptive:blink: :) and if you look its because the centre line and the offset line are reversed to this pic.

Wheels are facing the same way, mounting hubs both on the inside left hand and centerline in the same place ...I'm a bit lost now but maybe this will clear it up.

http://www.tomzwheels.com/offset1.jpg

The picture shows a wheel with the positive offset. A positive offset will cause the wheel to set in or tuck into the vehicle. Originally you found positive offsets on just front wheel vehicles. Due to that some people refer to positive offset wheels as front wheel drive offsets. Currently there are many rear wheel drive cars and trucks with positive offsets. The higher the positive offset the less it sticks out from the vehicle and it will have a higher Backspace.

And the website for you: http://www.tomzwheels.com/offset.htm