PDA

View Full Version : Supra Guide and Model Differences Chart

mawby
16-02-06, 17:40
Here is my revised version of Aerotop Dave's Guide to the Supra and his Model Differences Chart. I have converted them both to PDF format to make them more web friendly. The Model Differences Chart is attached to this post and contains details of which models and variants have which features.

The club would like to thank Dave for his efforts in creating the original documents.

mark poulton
07-03-06, 19:46
I Have Just Read The Guide To The Supra Models And Very Informative It Is To, It Must Have Taken You Ages-- A Credit To You, Cheers.

Rambo73
07-04-06, 13:09
That's a great!:) It really helps us potential newbies:search: :d

Pabs
16-04-06, 09:45
Yep - agreed - just been reading and excellent stuff there! thanks!

RHD
17-04-06, 15:24
Really usefull info! Thanks!

denzil
17-04-06, 20:35
A great read. Certainly convinces me to buy a supra. Just a little worried about buying a duff one, any advice or help?

Denzil

Bobsarny
22-04-06, 09:56
Ill print out both of the pdf files and carry them with me whilst viewing potentials, excellant info for someone like me cant thank all involved enough.

crossfade
06-05-06, 21:28
the pdf's were great have just finished reading them and have made up my mind to get the 3.0 na but i would like to know what mpg i can expect to get for both heavy and light foot action with thanks

Crossfade

Mas
07-05-06, 22:09
Thanks mate what a nice job, very useful specially for new supra owners like me :D

RobSheffield
07-05-06, 22:11
guys, good of you to post your thanks, but with regard to questions, best to start a new thread

lust2luv
08-05-06, 10:23
Looks like a lot of hard work. A few comments:

SZ-R aerotop? Surely not? The whole point of the SZ-R is that it's manual only and lightweight, so why would they make a heavy auto aerotop?

Also active spoiler and fold in wing-mirrors are options on the SZ-R, cause I've got them.

Hope this helps

:looney:

Faye
08-05-06, 19:43
Looks like a lot of hard work. A few comments:

SZ-R aerotop? Surely not? The whole point of the SZ-R is that it's manual only and lightweight, so why would they make a heavy auto aerotop?

Also active spoiler and fold in wing-mirrors are options on the SZ-R, cause I've got them.

Hope this helps

I've mentioned the aerotop thing a couple of times before (well actually to anyone who will listen and then ignore me ;)) mine and a few others are SZs only. I too thought that the SZ-R was the spritely version.

MarkTheBoy
24-05-06, 22:20
Thanks very much for the hard work that went into the supra guides!! Thanks to them I didn't feel like such a newb when viewing Supras.

Just found myself a beautiful black auto GZ TT with everything I wanted on it and I pick it up on Saturday.... Can't wait!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

supraaaaaaaaaa
06-06-06, 23:35
my god ive got a headache now but a great read and may expalin a fair few things and myths that i ahd to ask !! and now iknow what a bpu is !! :)

Jez
07-06-06, 23:33
Fantasic Guides
I think everything is clear now just waiting for the brain to cool down after reading it all

Many Thanks for the hard work

carl0s
19-09-06, 22:25
Quick typo to point out.

Unusually the turbos are sequential - usually with a twin turbocharged setup a V6 engine is used with one turbocharger feeding one back of cylinders..

feeding one bank of cylinders

Not being pedantic, just trying to help improve it.

mattyd
09-12-06, 00:01
used your guides to buy my new supra this week 94 n/a j spec auto. Thanks helped a lot!!!

imi
10-12-06, 18:02
Really good read....excellent job.

Miller95Supra
02-02-07, 17:56
So if "N/A" is SZ, SZ-R & SZ-R Aertop,

And "TT" is RZ, RZ-S, RZ-S & RZ Aertop. . .

THEN WHAT ARE THE "Single Turbo" Models called?

~ ZZ Top? (-:
--------------

(seriously though, anyone know?)

Ian R
02-02-07, 18:16
So if "N/A" is SZ, SZ-R & SZ-R Aertop,

And "TT" is RZ, RZ-S, RZ-S & RZ Aertop. . .

THEN WHAT ARE THE "Single Turbo" Models called?

~ ZZ Top? (-:
--------------

(seriously though, anyone know?)

There not, all single Turbo's are modified from TT's so there original model code would be as you have quoted above not forgetting the GZ as well.

Or they are Na-T conversions and the same would apply

Skarsnik
27-02-07, 08:55
In regard to the JDM:

* The 'facelift' import started in 96.5 not 97.. and in 97.9 the VVTI engine was introduced, actually the JDM went through quite a few minor changes up to and possibly past 98, but generally they 'facelift is considered to have started in 96.5.
* I've seen a late model JDM SZ-R with traction control.
* The 6 speed / big brakes / wheels was standard fit on the SZ-R in 96.5, not sure when they stopped this wierd version, but it was before 99.
* The JDM SZ-R does not come in aerotop.
* There are 3 types of "JSpec suspension", normal, bilstein and REAS. Off the top of my head REAS was introduced in 98.
* The 'Facelift' imports (SZ, SZ-R, RZ-S) had a new design of cloth seats, not black leather.
* Fold in mirrors were on the 96.5 SZ-Rs, so I would also assume RZ/GZs.
* There is more complexity to the abs systems. But I don't have set dates on when what was introduced.
* Steering wheels. Early model, 3 spoke == no airbag, 4 spoke = airbag. Sometime after 96.5, not exactly sure when: 3 spoke is introduced with bumps above the thumb points and have airbags, RZ models have a carbon fiber finised 3 spoke with airbags. (N.B. The late model steering wheels are alot better).
* There is no JDM VVTI SZ or SZ-R

geordie_liam
01-04-07, 22:19
excellent, well worth a read now i definitly want one!!

Ian Hayward
02-04-07, 13:36
In regard to the JDM:

* The 'facelift' import started in 96.5 not 97.. and in 97.9 the VVTI engine was introduced, actually the JDM went through quite a few minor changes up to and possibly past 98, but generally they 'facelift is considered to have started in 96.5.
* I've seen a late model JDM SZ-R with traction control.
* The 6 speed / big brakes / wheels was standard fit on the SZ-R in 96.5, not sure when they stopped this wierd version, but it was before 99.
* The JDM SZ-R does not come in aerotop.
* There are 3 types of "JSpec suspension", normal, bilstein and REAS. Off the top of my head REAS was introduced in 98.
* The 'Facelift' imports (SZ, SZ-R, RZ-S) had a new design of cloth seats, not black leather.
* Fold in mirrors were on the 96.5 SZ-Rs, so I would also assume RZ/GZs.
* There is more complexity to the abs systems. But I don't have set dates on when what was introduced.
* Steering wheels. Early model, 3 spoke == no airbag, 4 spoke = airbag. Sometime after 96.5, not exactly sure when: 3 spoke is introduced with bumps above the thumb points and have airbags, RZ models have a carbon fiber finised 3 spoke with airbags. (N.B. The late model steering wheels are alot better).
* There is no JDM VVTI SZ or SZ-R

I dont think they stopped the 6 speed SZ-R before 99 as I have one and its a 2000 reg.
Also my SZ-R has the carbon fibre steering wheel and black leather, and the fold in mirrors.
This might not be normal but they were not bought after the car.
Maybe I just got a strange one!! lol

brettjones
09-04-07, 19:16
great job is so clear to understand many thanks

Richie-Supra-R
13-04-07, 01:46
great read, cheers for all the info! ;)

Newschooler
14-04-07, 11:49
Something I'd like to understand.

The NA supra is actually a j-spec car? Then why can we see alot of NA supras that are left hand drive???

Also what is the diameter of the discs on the NA one.

I'd like to get a more complete technical specs list on the supra.

Good job tho, I've learned alot.

Jake
14-04-07, 12:56
The NA supra is actually a j-spec car? Well the NA was never sold in the UK. All the NAs in the UK were imported from Japan and are JDM spec. I don't know about the NAs in North America, maybe the NA was an official model over there?

Bobbeh
14-04-07, 14:25
Yeah it was a US model. They had the VVTi NA model too.

Newschooler
15-04-07, 01:14
I see, thx.

lust2luv
16-04-07, 15:52
3,539 NAs sold in the US (not sure if that includes Canada).
7,700 TTs by comparison, almost all aerotops.

supra_si
16-04-07, 21:36
great read, very useful, many thanks. now all i have to do is choose. brilliant

supradriver
16-04-07, 22:40
:D its alot too read lol but worth it i cart wait too finish all me BPU:d

dive-inme
27-04-07, 01:58
Hi guys, I am just a little confused with
the Aerotop thing, i mean parently all of them
are autos, if anyone remember from FAST AND FURIOUS
the orange Aerotop Supra was Manual ????::blink:

Also is it possible to change the tranmission from Auto to Manual

if yes then how much are we talking in US DOLLARS ?

Supra Fan..

mawby
27-04-07, 08:31
The orange Supra in F&F was also an NA when it rolled into the garage. ;)

supradriver
27-04-07, 08:34
:rolleyes: u can change it over hear is some parts u will need The Parts.
To do this swap, you'll need a few parts:

Transmission
clutch disk
flywheel
pressure plate
pilot bearing
throwout bearing
shifter
inner/outer boots
clutch cylinder
clutch lines
slave cylinder
power train frame
speedo cable

i dunno the cost sorry

XID
10-05-07, 11:16
I just bought a na from Jap. Excellent review. I wanted a TT but now I'm happy with what I got. Question. How much will it cost me to get rid of the horrible 'fog light' and get the fogs to be part of main lights? How much to have an 'English' dash board and to derestrict from the snail top speed (112mph).
Thanx Guys
XID :)

Masenko
11-05-07, 19:55
Isn't it like 600 to convert from auto to manual? I'm not too sure...

I know that the derestriction chip will set you back around 70, check out Thor Racing :)

C~

vchiko767
11-06-07, 19:40
This would be Great if it can be done with a car of the same engine.

"The Toyota Aristo"

iikun
16-06-07, 12:27
Here is another similar link to Supra info, this is a car catalogue put together by a Japanese company called 'Goo'. Has a lot of hard to find info, plus interesting stuff like original factory prices, gas mileage etc. All in Japanese, but if you put the URL into a translator like Altavista then most of it comes out fine (if u can ignore the strange spelling some of the time)

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/SUPRA/index.html

Also, Im in agreement with Lust2luv, my SZ-R also has elect. mirrors..possibly its factory stnd?
A lot of people on this forum seem to mistakenly think SZ-R is a base model, but 'R' usually designates some kind of performance model for Japanese cars. eg. Integra type-R, Silvia Spec R, Skyline GT-R, RX-7 type R. Supra SZ-R is the same, thats why it has Bilstein sus, LSD, etc. Also, I believe that there was no SZ-R aero-top, at least not in Japan anyway.

If anyone is interested I also have Toyotas list of recommended wheel sizes & offsets for the Supra. Is only for factory suspension tho of course...if you lower it sizes will change. Email me & I can send it to you.

SweetCherryLove
14-07-07, 09:32
Ta for the info.

:love:SCL:love:

carl0s
14-07-07, 09:55
Here is another similar link to Supra info, this is a car catalogue put together by a Japanese company called 'Goo'. Has a lot of hard to find info, plus interesting stuff like original factory prices, gas mileage etc. All in Japanese, but if you put the URL into a translator like Altavista then most of it comes out fine (if u can ignore the strange spelling some of the time)

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/SUPRA/index.html

Also, Im in agreement with Lust2luv, my SZ-R also has elect. mirrors..possibly its factory stnd?
A lot of people on this forum seem to mistakenly think SZ-R is a base model, but 'R' usually designates some kind of performance model for Japanese cars. eg. Integra type-R, Silvia Spec R, Skyline GT-R, RX-7 type R. Supra SZ-R is the same, thats why it has Bilstein sus, LSD, etc. Also, I believe that there was no SZ-R aero-top, at least not in Japan anyway.

If anyone is interested I also have Toyotas list of recommended wheel sizes & offsets for the Supra. Is only for factory suspension tho of course...if you lower it sizes will change. Email me & I can send it to you.

That's an interesting site, although the text is difficult to read when translated and makes it hard to see the actual changes from year to year, but it does confirm some dates we thought (facelift cars in April 1996, but no vvti by then).

Do you read Japanese iikun?

ilogik
17-09-07, 14:35
thanks for a great read :)

danger_supe
04-10-07, 18:39
Hi,

I am just now in the market for a Supra and am new to this forum, your intro to the supra and guide to the specs was extremely helpful!

Cheers!

Rosco

knukks
25-10-07, 19:28
can anyone give me the wireing code for the sterio

sky7ine
01-11-07, 21:47
thanks for this m8 great guide

han
24-02-08, 10:15
i'm a newbie so please don't laugh. what does jza80 stand for and ma71 stand for? I have searched but couldn't find. Also is vvti better? what are the pros and cons?

carl0s
24-02-08, 10:41
JZA80 is the mk4 model designation/code. MA71 is the mk3 turbo model code for America. (was MA70 here).
VVTi is better.

wilder9au
06-05-08, 08:59
Thanks appreciated :)

Nic
19-07-08, 19:42
Useful colour guide

http://paul.webmaster-eye.de/Farben/farben.html

carl0s
19-07-08, 20:08
Useful colour guide

http://paul.webmaster-eye.de/Farben/farben.html

Super Bright Yellow? Paint code 576, 08.1998-2002
http://paul.webmaster-eye.de/Farben/gelb.jpeg

Well I never.. did you?

I didn't realise gunmetal was called Grayish Green Mica Metallic either.

Guigsy
19-07-08, 20:15
yeah i went into toyota to buy something the other day anf it came colour coded. yellow was one of the options.. i was like WTF!

CoolsBlue
19-07-08, 20:38
Super Bright Yellow? Paint code 576, 08.1998-2002
http://paul.webmaster-eye.de/Farben/gelb.jpeg

Well I never.. did you?

I didn't realise gunmetal was called Grayish Green Mica Metallic either.

:drool: thats supra is perfect!!!! yea i first saw a yellow supe on a gran turismo game irrc:Dwas a stock colour option when you went to buy it

carl0s
19-07-08, 20:56
:drool: thats supra is perfect!!!! yea i first saw a yellow supe on a gran turismo game irrc:Dwas a stock colour option when you went to buy it

I don't like it actually. It's a bit pale for a yellow sports car.

Smoke_U
21-09-08, 10:18
Verry Good! Thanks from Sweden!

gzus
04-10-08, 09:57
Just read the guide

found it very very very helpfull and informative

many thanx to the op

N0bbie
14-11-08, 19:35
Thanks for the info guys, a great guide!!

Mike_08
09-12-08, 22:55
Really helped me out Big Help

Sorry to bump old thread btw

mattgt
17-12-08, 14:59
Here is my revised version of Aerotop Dave's Guide to the Supra and his Model Differences Chart. I have converted them both to PDF format to make them more web friendly. The Model Differences Chart is attached to this post and contains details of which models and variants have which features.

The club would like to thank Dave for his efforts in creating the original documents.

Thanks!! thats all my questions answered, well done on a fantasic read!

WolfInExile
21-01-09, 03:03
thanks filled with tons of useful information good job :D

scottaii
16-04-09, 00:06
Brilliant, everything i needed to know, cheers! (also nice to have a personal slant on the info)

Yaz
20-06-09, 15:57
That was very useful and interesting, thank you

Yaz

h4rryy
29-07-09, 02:36
WOW this guide was amazing... thank you

jinxy
24-08-09, 06:48
great amount of info cheers alot of help :D

but now i cant deside on the uk tt, or the facelift rz which one have you lot found the better of the two :sos:

jinxy:Pling:

carl0s
24-08-09, 08:42
great amount of info cheers alot of help :D

but now i cant deside on the uk tt, or the facelift rz which one have you lot found the better of the two :sos:

jinxy:Pling:

Facelift any day of the week, I've had both. UK car was in poorer condition all round. Jap cars seem to be easier to work on, in terms of siezed nuts & bolts, body condition etc. It's like my Mazda RX7.. I was telling a guy how amazed I was that it was so tidy underneath and suspension and brakes were easy to work on, no siezed up bits and no rust, and he said "yeah all the imports are like that. It's the UK cars that are bad". ;)

Facelift is just much nicer, and more spooly turbos.

jinxy
24-08-09, 10:25
Facelift any day of the week, I've had both. UK car was in poorer condition all round. Jap cars seem to be easier to work on, in terms of siezed nuts & bolts, body condition etc. It's like my Mazda RX7.. I was telling a guy how amazed I was that it was so tidy underneath and suspension and brakes were easy to work on, no siezed up bits and no rust, and he said "yeah all the imports are like that. It's the UK cars that are bad". ;)

Facelift is just much nicer, and more spooly turbos.

cheers carl0s looks like its a facelift for me :eyebrows:

but me next Q is how much should be spending because i have seen tham going for 3500 but that dose not seam anough :Pling:

and where a the best places to find a good one because i dont think the autotraider gose into that much detail

jinxy

carl0s
24-08-09, 13:48
cheers carl0s looks like its a facelift for me :eyebrows:

but me next Q is how much should be spending because i have seen tham going for 3500 but that dose not seam anough :Pling:

and where a the best places to find a good one because i dont think the autotraider gose into that much detail

jinxy

3.5k is NA money really. NAs should be between 2k and 3.5k, maybe more for a nice facelift one (up to 4.4 tops I reckon), auto/manual shouldn't affect prices for non turbo cars.

This forum or eBay would be a good place to look. It's a bit like houses I suppose, so you can expect to knock a bit of most seller's asking prices. Nobody wants to specify their actual asking price because they expect to be knocked down ..

jinxy
24-08-09, 14:51
wot sort of prices will i be looking at if was going for a turbo model :help:

richie

Guigsy
24-08-09, 15:51
i wouldnt buy anyother place than this forum to be honnest. Sure there are some nice cars not on the forum but if you want quality well looked after cars then here and our traders is the only place. When im on the lookout for my next one here is the only place i'll look.

carl0s
24-08-09, 17:27
wot sort of prices will i be looking at if was going for a turbo model :help:

richie

There's a nice gunmetal facelift TT one in the for sale section on here ;)

jinxy
25-08-09, 09:43
There's a nice gunmetal facelift TT one in the for sale section on here ;)

it looks like an awsome motor but i was hoping to get a manual :(
just don't enjoy the feel of an auto
cheers though liking the color :eyebrows:

richie:cool:

carl0s
25-08-09, 09:45
it looks like an awsome motor but i was hoping to get a manual :(
just don't enjoy the feel of an auto
cheers though liking the color :eyebrows:

Oooh, you're looking at 8k plus then, unless you get lucky, which has happened to a few people ..

jinxy
25-08-09, 12:38
Oooh, you're looking at 8k plus then, unless you get lucky, which has happened to a few people ..

bugger that means i'm going to have to wait a bit longer

can an n/a be converted into a tt yes/no

richie :search:

Paul372
25-08-09, 12:50
interesting i thought mine was an RZ but it hasn't got a LSD so must mean its a RZ'S

carl0s
25-08-09, 16:24
interesting i thought mine was an RZ but it hasn't got a LSD so must mean its a RZ'S

Mine's an RZ-S and has an LSD :shrug:

carl0s
25-08-09, 16:24
bugger that means i'm going to have to wait a bit longer

can an n/a be converted into a tt yes/no

richie :search:

yes but forget it, not worth it.

jinxy
25-08-09, 21:20
yes but forget it, not worth it.

ok cheers

what type of bhp am i looking at if i go for an n/a it might help

richie :cool:

carl0s
25-08-09, 21:44
ok cheers

what type of bhp am i looking at if i go for an n/a it might help

richie :cool:

220 or 225, thereabouts. I think you can expect to increase that to 235 tops if you remove the airfilter / replace it with a non-functioning air filter (obviously not something you should do) and decat.

jinxy
26-08-09, 06:33
220 or 225, thereabouts. I think you can expect to increase that to 235 tops if you remove the airfilter / replace it with a non-functioning air filter (obviously not something you should do) and decat.

brill i might get myself an n/a then and save myself a few pennys cheers (it is my 1st supra after all)

lamboyello
30-09-09, 03:09
n/a are definatly worth getting if you havent had one before, i started off with a n/a auto and i was delighted with the way it drove and how fast it was through gears. now moving onto a tt manuel, so hope im as impressed. i never thought id have an auto. but it doesnt drive like an auto. so reponsive. Getting the experience from the n/a was vital in my experience.
very good guides :)

Calorus
22-10-09, 14:55
Hi guys! Just a super quick quizzer, am in Japan as I type hunting a clean monocoque for a build - can I just confirm that as far as anyone has heard all of the bare chassis, regardless of trim and spec should be identical - meaning only slight differences between the pre and post facelifters only?

Many thanks!

Twilight
06-12-09, 21:04
Thank you for the great info.

Although i would add more technical- info for some users.

StratOS
07-12-09, 14:44
i read through the guides and i never knew Supra have a Tiptronic GB. I never seen 1 in Malaysia so far. Anyone here having the tiptronic model? and I've been finding a Supra with VVT-i and its also very hard here. Supra is a very rare car in Malaysia.

carl0s
07-12-09, 17:34
i read through the guides and i never knew Supra have a Tiptronic GB. I never seen 1 in Malaysia so far. Anyone here having the tiptronic model? and I've been finding a Supra with VVT-i and its also very hard here. Supra is a very rare car in Malaysia.

It's the same gearbox as the regular auto, except it has an ugly selector stick, and up/down buttons on the steering wheel, which is why it's called tiptronic. It's the same normal 4spd a340e box.

ray007
21-01-10, 20:26
very helpful,, thanks for the guides

migligs
26-01-10, 10:47
Hello All

I recently bought a 1994 Supra TT, having trouble identifying which model it actually is? Gz, Rz etc. seems to have quite a few factory
options such as Targa-top, front leather seats of which drivers is
electric. is an auto has 2jz-Gte on build plate & engine cover. has no reference anywhere in engine bay of model type. I am hoping some Supra guru on this site will be able to shed some light.
I personally believe its a Gz-aerotop as i don't think Rz's come in aerotops? just dont have code to verify this.
Regards
Alfie

Nic
26-01-10, 11:08
Yes all J-spec 2JZGTE Auto Aerotops are GZ, model code on the VIN plate should be E-JZA80-AJPZZ

deathmonkey
27-01-10, 12:32
Hello All

I recently bought a 1994 Supra TT, having trouble identifying which model it actually is? Gz, Rz etc. seems to have quite a few factory
options such as Targa-top, front leather seats of which drivers is
electric. is an auto has 2jz-Gte on build plate & engine cover. has no reference anywhere in engine bay of model type. I am hoping some Supra guru on this site will be able to shed some light.
I personally believe its a Gz-aerotop as i don't think Rz's come in aerotops? just dont have code to verify this.
Regards
Alfie

Definitely a GZ Aero. Same as mine :).

Yes all J-spec 2JZGTE Auto Aerotops are GZ, model code on the VIN plate should be E-JZA80-AJPZZ

Yep, that's the one.

samuel weller
05-02-10, 21:43
thank you for the info, made my life so easy now :) its nice to some who know what they talking about

digit
23-02-10, 11:42
i surprised after reading this guides,i learned many things which i dont know before and also model differences.great share mate.thank u.

Septic
23-02-10, 12:19
Wow this guide is absolutely brilliant. Hats off to you sir for creating such an informative yet accessible guide :)

jonny mac
20-03-10, 19:15
will read this guide tonight. will help me with buying a supra later this year hopefully.

cheers.

Avve
04-06-10, 18:17
Great guide! Does anyone know the gross weight of a j-spec TT's? I have a 1994 auto TT (standard roof) and relly need to know this to register the car.
Regards!
Avve/Sweden

scotty71
04-06-10, 18:31
that would be 1490/1510 KG depending what model GZ etc

Nic
04-06-10, 18:36
Twin Turbo Manual - 1510kg
Twin Turbo Auto - 1540kg

Avve
06-06-10, 16:49
Hi, thanks but what I need is the total, gross weight. My car is a 1994 TT RZ auto with standard roof. The car was never sold here in Sweden and the authorities need an official statement about the cars max allowed weight. I have checked other swedish-reg'd Supras and they all have different curb weights, max weights, some are 2 seaters and other reg'd as 4 seaters...
Avni

Avve
19-06-10, 12:50
Hi
the J-spec Supra RZ TT auto 1994 has a gross (=maximum) weight of 1730 kg. Means it's legally only a 2-seater here in Sweden!

davej705
12-08-10, 20:50
very helpful guides

kempuuss
24-11-10, 12:42
Thanks for the superb guide!!
as we say in Holland: Toppie ouwe!!

tanabe
27-03-11, 14:54
hi im new to the site thanks for these supra guides, they answer all of my strange questions .

Flossie
10-06-11, 14:52
Just printed this for some hospital bed reading :p

sammytruck
11-07-11, 14:50
absolutely ace info.......a real bible....time and effort appreciated....

markg1150
31-07-11, 22:03
brilliant cleared up alot of confussion for me. cheers lads

rider
16-08-11, 11:11
Thanks for the very thorough summation of all that is Supra. On the fuel recommendation I have run my TT for the last 13 years and 80,000 miles on standard unleaded with absolutely no problems. No roughness, engine temerature is good and it managed 330bhp at the wheels when I last had it on a rolling road. Also it was BMW M3 eating happy to 158mph on the limiter when I'd run it up and down the autobahn.

robby a
19-09-11, 18:04
Absolutely fantastic guide. You certainly know your stuff. Well done it's helped me no end on choosing which model to buy. Thanks. Robby A

bendion58
25-09-11, 12:02
Thanks for Great post,
helped me loads, question for someone out there, my 1997 Supra has 74 ,000km what is that in Miles
Someone said my car is rare, ? being it is non turbo and has a getrag 6 speed box

Thanks for any feedback Guys Regards, Ben.

bendion58
25-09-11, 12:07
can someone tell me what 74,000km is in miles please

someone said my car is rare ? its a 1997 NA Supra witch has a getrag 6 speed box
thanks for any replays guys.

Regards Ben.

shaky
25-09-11, 12:10
74,000 kilometres is equivalent to 46000 miles

Indecisive
28-01-12, 02:53
Thanks for this superb information, someone's been busy! I've not got a vehicle yet but now I'll not be in the dark when looking for one.

Taffar
06-02-12, 15:00
Incredibly helpful. Your work is much appreciated. Thank You.

Edvard
02-05-12, 21:37
Thanks for this great guide! It will be very helpful for me, when I'm going to buy one :d

posco
03-05-12, 23:50
This is really useful, thanks.

AbdullahN01
14-05-12, 13:53
Thank Yew for the information! Glad i could finally get to know my dream car well! :D

Fitz
14-05-12, 14:02
A wave of people, come on here read the info leave 1 post and go :(

Why does noone want to stick around and play...

supra6gang
15-05-12, 13:01
well done dave..

Kunawi Sokaguro
05-06-12, 08:30
its a great guide even to me (a Supra noob)!!! A million thanks for the great effort!!!

grumps2JZ
12-06-12, 10:55
hi thanks for the great information, must have been a huge effort
i have a question...
my supra is a 1993 j-spec automatic twin turbo
the second to last letter on the top line of the vin plate is Z (gz model) the last letter is Q (rz model)
i am pressuming it is a gz model from that information..... but according to the specifications info provided an LSD is factory equiped to the car yet on the last line it appears i have a standard differential (A)
so just wondering if i have an rz or a gz?!?!?
i also dont have an active spoiler but judging by the paint it looks like the front bumper has been replaced at some stage
any info is appreciated cheers guys!! :)

fezza25
22-07-12, 16:33
im a noob and head is fried with all that info but excellent non the less, may take a few reads though to take it all in haha

Devil
10-09-12, 04:33
Just want to say thank you!

pi5toff
12-10-12, 10:39
Just what i needed. Thanks Dave.

sm1th90
17-07-13, 09:32
Fantastic thread and a must read for all new newbies. Thanks for the effort you put in to make this such an informative read.

4-DANES
08-11-13, 13:37
Great information, thank you for the help. Ideal for a Supra Newbie.

Jleno
08-11-13, 21:42
Very helpful information! Thanks

rider
25-04-14, 12:54
Just wanted to say on the fuel front, where you recommend higher octane fuels. I have run supermarket bog standard in my TT6 for 16 years without any problems. Everything mechanical is as it came out of the factory 18 years ago and she runs fine, dyno was 330bhp at the drive wheels when last tested, on supermarket fuel.

David P
25-04-14, 13:00
Yours must be a special one. :think:

wile e coyote
25-04-14, 13:14
the vvti has knock sensors and different ecu
I've have used standard fuel a couple times due to no high octane available and runs the same

shifted
01-05-14, 13:11
Just wondering if this chart has been updated at any time?

Seems there's a heap of 5 speed SZ's 1996 onwards (therefore S2) around for sale, which the chart doesn't reflect?

http://j-spec.com.au/dealer/TOYOTA/SUPRA

Scotty 88
25-08-14, 21:48
Absoulate brilliant guide :)

novak
27-08-14, 20:29
I read like a good story - very nice - too much free time ;)

quarryman
07-10-14, 12:30
A brilliant guide to the supra but im wondering is this the definitive guide to the supra,, i've got a 94 tt rz, it has the Active spoiler,electric fold in mirrors,front / rear leather seats which the fronts are heated but on the guide all these were unavailable on the rz.

Guigsy
07-10-14, 15:08
Heated seats only came on uk spec cars iirc. So they are an aftermarket addition. Or you have a uk car. The vin plate will tell you. Japanese writing... Jspec. Don't forget. A lot of these cars although stock looking could be swapped arround. It's very easy to change interiors and brakes etc.

quarryman
07-10-14, 17:58
cheers Guigsy

j_jza80
07-10-14, 20:06
A brilliant guide to the supra but im wondering is this the definitive guide to the supra,, i've got a 94 tt rz, it has the Active spoiler,electric fold in mirrors,front / rear leather seats which the fronts are heated but on the guide all these were unavailable on the rz.

Check your armrests on the doorcards, UK specs are leather trimmed, all J-specs are vinyl with fake stitching.

quarryman
18-10-14, 03:40
vinyl,fake stitching, some one spent a lot of money putting the extra's on :)