The mkiv Supra Owners Club

take it easy

Guest sunnyG83

Guest sunnyG83

Hi guys just writing this to state the obvious again about taking it easy in the Sup out there as i managed without trying to loose the rear end last night twice and i thought i was getting use to it, Luckily i was on quiet roads on both occasions but managed to do a 360 into a 180 facing the wrong way and that was at 45 leptons.

and the other was on a round-about at 20 leptons managed to miss everything but scared the life outta me

so please take it easy

Guest sunnyG83

im near the england scotland border near berwick in a place called Dunbar and the way things were going last night im sure something was going wrong.

must be bad up here as there was a scooby in a ditch at the side of the round-about i slipped on.

safe to say the sup is being locked away for a wee while till we see some better weather

Perhaps you followed the path of a vehicle with a bad diesel leak?

I had something similar on the motorway and down onto a main road a while ago, no spins but it was very scary, lots of other cars in ditches and crashed into roundabouts :(

Mind you when there is a spill that big you can smell it.

Where was that, Michael?

Was it after the first Squires meet?

I can't remember if it was the first squires meet but it was after one of the early ones - most of the M62 inside lane was covered, the sliproad, crappy roundabout and then the road down towards the white rose - nasty!

If it was a spill I doubt LSD would make much difference. I have it and I've lost the rear twice. Both at low speeds and both on spillages.

Nice to know that, after the second one, Sainsburys still hadn't sorted it two days later. We could barely stand up let alone drive over the area!

Guest sunnyG83

@ lockys96: i was driving on a straight my friend and went to change lanes and thats when the whole steering went light by this i mean the front and rears seemd weightless and then the front seemed like it gripped as i felt the weight at the front and thats when i felt the rear continue on into the spin the car did not kick down either which is what baffles me

@ terminator: the cart is running goodyear eagle f1's mate with 245 up front and 265 rears

Good rubber so it cant be that.

If I read correctly, you had two incidents. It just seems unlikely that it was a fluid spill in both cases.

Just trying to look for other causes so it does not happen again. Dont want you to become one of the "totalled my car " members.

Areas to consider, shocks, subframe bolts front and rear, allignment.

Guest sunnyG83

to be honest mate i would a fool to blame it on just a freak spill of something, but the truth probably lie's in the fact that once you drive a car for a while constantly then you get use to it and stop respecting its power and i guess i have the road conditions and myself to blame as the Sup is in great condition.

just made me realise how much i love her and should respect her bite