The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supes with/without front no' plate

BURT

I was told that front plates are advised but not required? I currently don't have one on mine..... Plus even if I did its spaced illegally so wither way , blah !! :D

I ran with a m/c plate on front of Supra for 3 years. Very small. Then beginning of last year police got very excited about it, kept hauling me until I eventually changed it for the smallest legal I could get away with - imports are allowed smaller plates than UK cars, don't ask me why, makes no sence. Still been hauled for it but have print out from DVLA website in car now

Do you think a drink driver could use the same argument? Sorry officer, I didnt know it was illegal to drink and drive...

lol could try. but they have squillions of adverts saying dont drink and drive. ive never seen a TV advert that says its illegal to have a sticky number plate, teehee...

I ran with a m/c plate on front of Supra for 3 years. Very small. Then beginning of last year police got very excited about it, kept hauling me until I eventually changed it for the smallest legal I could get away with - imports are allowed smaller plates than UK cars, don't ask me why, makes no sence. Still been hauled for it but have print out from DVLA website in car now

what print out is that? you have a link?

and what size is your plate?

when i had my do luck front on i had a plate made appow 2" by 5.5" looked brilliant and had i like that for year and half.I bought a new top secret front as the do luck was damaged put the same plate on and got pulled three times in two days and it was more visable if anything. I think its all down to officer discretion. Try getting away with a little one i think nothing on at all is pushing it but worst they can do is give you a defect notice and make you put a full size on which is what happened to me.

I haven't had a front plate at all for around 2 years now.

It's wierd, as I've only been pulled up about it twice. Once at LeMans, where the French copper on a bike pointed at my front, I shrugged, he shrugged, then I went. The second time I was questioned at the Eurotunnel and the guy said "Where's your front plate?" . "Down the side of my seat" "You know that's illegal?" "Yes", and that was that.

I've even been pulled over a couple of times but they didn't say anything.

I'm going to see how much longer I can get away with it, as it's only a matter of time....