The mkiv Supra Owners Club

An empty feeling inside...

garetheves

Officially hit the whiskey. Just had to watch the new owner driving away in my pride and joy. What a horrible feeling that is knowing that ill never drive that car again. So much time and effort went into it as well. Now ive got to spend the next 2 years or so driving a 1.4 306 until ive saved up enough to buy another one. Only thing fighting the tears away is the whiskey and the thought that i at least no longer have a car loan, high insurance + Mortgage to contend with every month plus the fact that i will own another one in approx 2 years.

Thanks to everyone over the last 18 months that has helped me in various ways, im going to continue to hang around the forum if thats ok cos it really is a great place full of great people and id like to keep involved with the "Supra scene", plus it will help when i start looking for another.

Peace out.:cry: :violin: :cry:

Gutted for you mate! Saw your motor one or twice between wigan and preston you had done a really good job! Might have to get rid off mine due to a job change but i'm going to hang on for as long as i can! Anyway mate 2 year's will fly by and you will have another one and with the way the prices are i'm sure there will be some monsters out there in 2 years time. In the mean time if you ever need a local supra fix give us a shout might start going to the blackpool meet :)

Cheers for the replies guys. It sounded awsome when it drove off Rallure, its funny you never really appreciate the noise they make until you hear it from the outside, completely different to when inside the car.

Rob: Cheers for that, got a few people now have offered me lifts to meets and things so will more than likely take you up on the offer at some point.

and OMG how crap are Drum brakes when you are used to UKs. Christ almost died twice on the way to work this morning, some serious engine braking needed. :faint:

Jake: No hangover mate so no need to worry.

i think i've just seen it!! i thought i recognised the burble of the exhaust as i was just walking past the McDs drive-thru on Squires Gate Lane in Blackpool & there it was in the queue!

is the new reg something that starts L323 or something similar?

definitely had the MKIV owners club stickers in the window

i think i've just seen it!! i thought i recognised the burble of the exhaust as i was just walking past the McDs drive-thru on Squires Gate Lane in Blackpool & there it was in the queue!

is the new reg something that starts L323 or something similar?

definitely had the MKIV owners club stickers in the window

Yep that was it. L223 i think is the reg now. Cant believe hes polluting the air inside the car with Mcd's. bastard!!! lol. hes a nice guy actually and i know he will look after, but if not keep an eye on it for me Wez.

Sorry you had to sell mate, good that you are staying on the forum though:)

How could i leave when you get a big hug off Rosie herself. Nah in all seriousness it really is a top board where everyone respects one another, plus some of the posts are pure comedy and keep me going through my working day.

I feel for you Gaz. I watched mine a month ago being driven off, and I had to fight back the tears as well.

Then a few days later I found out the bloke who bought it wrapped it round a lampost. Gutted doesn't quite describe it. Count yourself lucky that all your car will have to put up with is a little ketchup spilled out of the new owners fat burger!!. Mine is rusting away in some scrapyard in Edinburgh!

Argh!!! To make matters worse, on my drive to work in a morning there's a guy that did have 2 imprezas in his driveway, anyway looks like hes traded them in for guess what..... a gorgeously kitted black Supra. Im gonna have to find an alternative route to work now to avoid seeing it every day.

I feel for you Gaz. I watched mine a month ago being driven off, and I had to fight back the tears as well.

Then a few days later I found out the bloke who bought it wrapped it round a lampost. Gutted doesn't quite describe it. Count yourself lucky that all your car will have to put up with is a little ketchup spilled out of the new owners fat burger!!. Mine is rusting away in some scrapyard in Edinburgh!

Did a bloody good job of it aswell. Did it sell on ebay for scrap Rich?