The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RSR Fitted cheers Paul E

Daston

Hi guys

Got my new clutch and RSR GT fitted to day and must say I am well chuffed! :D

One question tho is the baffle the thing that looks like a "mini exhaust" inside the rear silencer? If so how do I take it out as the guys at my garage didn't realise it came with one and just bunged it all in.

Big thanks to Paul for great service as always!

Thats the one, undo the bolt and slide it out. You will have problems removing it for the first time when its one the car, they are fitted extremely tight. Most of us have had to hammer the things out from the other end (Obviously with it removed from the car!)

Its easy - there should be a bolt at the bottom of the 'mini exhaust' linking it to the big bore exhaust- undo the bolt- get a pair of pliers and pull the smaller 'mini exhaust tube out' this will leave the great big hole- and a great big noise- oh and you can take your stereo out cos you will not be needing it.

Its easy - there should be a bolt at the bottom of the 'mini exhaust' linking it to the big bore exhaust- undo the bolt- get a pair of pliers and pull the smaller 'mini exhaust tube out' this will leave the great big hole- and a great big noise- oh and you can take your stereo out cos you will not be needing it.

This is basically right, but there's no way mine would have come out like that from new. I had to use a 7ib sledge hammer and a block of 3x3 to hit get baffle out.

That said, the noise difference with the baffle out is HUGE, especially on the RSR which has rather limited noise reduction :D

Bit of a thread hijack but thought I'd ask - sorry

I'm getting an RSR exhaust next week and was wondering about the baffle.

You see I don't like ridiculously loud exhausts!:limp: I'm a shy kinda guy and don't like too much attention, that's why I drive a Sup!;)

Should I put my baffle in then? Will it affect performance in any way?

Dont know about performance as i took mine out before it was even fitted, I wouldnt of thought so though.

If you have a decat you may want to keep the baffle in. I have a decat and baffle out and it is loud and deep. Drowns my mates flat four rumble out completely and scoobs are loud with a decent exhaust.

i lveo the sounds, but I found that at certain speeds the reasonace was too painfull for any kind of distance. I did 30 odd miles on the m5 at around 80 and it was too mcuh.

So I've stuck the baffle in and now in car is more than bearable, and I'm told that it's not noticalbly queiter outside as well.

GazzaGSi - Dont know about performance as i took mine out before it was even fitted, I wouldnt of thought so though.

If you have a decat you may want to keep the baffle in. I have a decat and baffle out and it is loud and deep. Drowns my mates flat four rumble out completely and scoobs are loud with a decent exhaust

Well it's those stupidly loud flat fours that put me off loud exhausts altogether. Don't get me wrong, I like the Scooby gurgle, just not when it's chavin loud!

Do you guys reckon it's easy to put the baffle back in with the exhuast on the car?

I might just remove the baffle and if it's too loud for my taste I'll put it back in.

I used to put mine in and out all the time ....ohh sounds fun lol.

but serious once it has been in and out a few times its easy t do, and you will find the best way to get it in after a while, i used to just leat the exhaust warm a bit 1st so it expanded just that tad then put wd40 on the baffler and slide it in, it smoked abit at 1st but was the best way i found.

Untill the day i forgot to put the bolt in and it flew out at 60mph and lost for every :( ...hence looking for a new one to replace it.

Well it's those stupidly loud flat fours that put me off loud exhausts altogether. Don't get me wrong, I like the Scooby gurgle, just not when it's chavin loud!

I know what you mean, but from these its a different kind of loudness. The scoobs have a right rasp to them where as these the noise is ultra deep, On tick over I stand near the back of my car and I can feel the floow vibrating!

Like youve said, take it out, see if you like it and if ya dont slip it back in.

Ive had numerous people say to me who've been behind it sounds like an f1 car lmao