The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dump Tubes/Screamer Pipes

terribleturner

Neither! They are usually/always supplied with a complete turbo kit but not with a wastegate, AIUI.

Are you sure you want a screamer pipe? They're horribly noisy and TBH it got on my tits within 5 mins of driving a single turbo Supra (Frank's BL67).

I was this close >.

WG on their own will not come with screamer pipes usualy only as part of a kit. Most aftermarket kits come with and open screamer pipe, it's mostly the higher end kits that will have the recirc screamer pipes or it is left to the individual to fab one or custom order it, but you pay for it. Hence you can see why WG wont be supplied with them. There are too many variables to cover and too many cars.

Unless you buy a complete kit you will have to fabricate the pipe yourself. If you intend to do track days on any other than the now rare and expensive "noisy" days, you MUST return the wastegate outlet to the downpipe, and this MUST be done to accomodate the differential thermal expansion, or it WILL crack or blow gaskets. It's much more involved than nailing a bit of welded pipe on the wastegate and snotting it to the downpipe!

What wastegate are you running. The 1st pic is a HKS 4 bolt and the second is the GT Vband type. You need to know what WG you have before you waste any money to chop about a bit of stainless pipe with the wrong flange for your wasgate on it. IMHO it's going to be far cheaper and easier to buy a section of stainless and get a plate made up and build one from scratch. Your still going to need it welded up and cut about with a bought one so just get yourself a lenght of stainless and a Flange made....job done .....Or find out the maker of the kit you have and get one of them?

The wastegate is a Turbonetics Racegate and the dimensions are here. So it's a 42mm DT that im after. I know i can pick up the flange from some bloke on Ebay and just thought i'd get like the 2nd one i put up and just hange the flanges round as the rest will be bent and welded in the correct postion already. Think i'll just get the flange and then get one made up from scratch.

The wastegate is a Turbonetics Racegate and the dimensions are here. So it's a 42mm DT that im after. I know i can pick up the flange from some bloke on Ebay and just thought i'd get like the 2nd one i put up and just hange the flanges round as the rest will be bent and welded in the correct postion already. Think i'll just get the flange and then get one made up from scratch.

I can see where your are coming from buddy, But hoping they will be the correct shape is going is a bit of a gamble. The BL on is bent up for a tubilar style manifold to where BL places their WG and no doubt the second one will be too. Now your Cast manifold will have the WG placement "I think" in a different place so you may have to cut a fair bit off a ready made one. Would just be easy to fab one. The WG from SP to BL to PHR all sit in a different places so every screamer would need moded to swap over.

HTH

My PHR screamer pipe is straight with no bends. Its Vband and i just adjusted the angle by turning the wastegate untill i was happy with the screamer exit.

I have the HKS manifold and HKS 50mm wastegate though. Imagine your using different combos so angles etc will be completely different.

Not really much help am i :shrug: