The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tesco's insurance

Dave F

Got my renewal from Tescos the other day for £672 thought this was OK so decided to stay with them. Phoned them tonight and they went through the details and said they have got it down as a 86-89 supra. I pointed it out that I have been with them for the past two terms and each time was assured that it was down as a 94 supra sz. He said it was their mistake and re calculated my premium as £1200 odd!! He told me as it was an import sz it is more expensive as it most likely has more power than the UK version :rolleyes: Looks like a call to Sky is on the agenda tomorrow oh yes and a race with a few of you UK slow boys:D . Have heard of this happening before so it might be worth checking your policy if you are with Tesco's.

Got my renewal from Tescos the other day for £672 thought this was OK so decided to stay with them. Phoned them tonight and they went through the details and said they have got it down as a 86-89 supra. I pointed it out that I have been with them for the past two terms and each time was assured that it was down as a 94 supra sz. He said it was their mistake and re calculated my premium as £1200 odd!! He told me as it was an import sz it is more expensive as it most likely has more power than the UK version :rolleyes: Looks like a call to Sky is on the agenda tomorrow oh yes and a race with a few of you UK slow boys:D . Have heard of this happening before so it might be worth checking your policy if you are with Tesco's.

might be worth giving asda insurance a ring saved me a few quid from tesco

tell them, what uk? there was no uk sz.

anyway mate say hi to lancaster insurance, providing your car is 10 years old you can insure it as a classic.

i believe daston is on here and has a sz with them paying 900 fully comp, i think he is 20. anyway, im with them and 21 with twinturbo.

so give them a bell, agreed value and quality service.

speak to jessica, lancaster insurance

yep with lancaster got the car last summer when I was 21 (now 22) and paid 890ish full comp with an agreed value of the car, the car is garaged and only used for SD&P and is limited to 6k miles a year as its my toy and I walk to work. Also I have none of my no claims on this car, I went through my doc's and it said no no claims so I gave them a ring and said I have 3 years worth, and they told me that it didnt make any difference.

Try Privielge Dave, I was with Tesco last year. They gave me a renewal price of £670.00 fully comp:( so I thought i'd have a shop around.

Tried loads including Sky which were very expensive for me for some reason ? Then I tried Privilege who quoted me £450.00 fully comp with every extra you can think of and 0% installments :D

So needless to say I had to ablidge :)

By the way it was for a '96 TT

Good luck with the search mate

Im concerned about my agreed value with sky.

If i write off my car or it gets stolen/torched then i get the agreed value from sky.

BUT....What happens when someone hits me and writes off the car. Are the third partys insurance going to honor an agreed value that my insurance company agreed to???

Surely they will just say "market value" "feck off" "we never agreed its worth that" and i get screwed??

Im concerned about my agreed value with sky.

If i write off my car or it gets stolen/torched then i get the agreed value from sky.

BUT....What happens when someone hits me and writes off the car. Are the third partys insurance going to honor an agreed value that my insurance company agreed to???

Surely they will just say "market value" "feck off" "we never agreed its worth that" and i get screwed??

might be worth ringing to ask mate:D