The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop tt value?

Jezz

Guest Flat4_ire
Can anyone tell me what sort of value Twin turbo aerotops have at the moment? Low mileage 94 car. Ta. :search:
sure it depends on what someones willing to pay, 10k max id say the way it is lately

Jez, ill give you 39p and a 'second user' bubbly for it?

Sold to that man!!! Naaa i dont really wanna sell it cos it owes me so little! I've thrown it on ebay just to test the water but i know the grief Db had selling his and it was all tricked up! If it goes over 9k i'll think about it. :D

Sold to that man!!! Naaa i dont really wanna sell it cos it owes me so little! I've thrown it on ebay just to test the water but i know the grief Db had selling his and it was all tricked up! If it goes over 9k i'll think about it. :D

EEEHHHHMMMMM we were talking only the other day about me buying an Aero TT and now you say you want to sell.............:eyebrows:

Guest nilpoints

I would think it depends on whether or not it has been modded. Any mods affect value and the used car market reflects that. Bizarre as it may seem to those that know Supras and what they can take, even cosmetic mods affect a car's value. The recently sold cars (in great condition but modded) show that.

It may affect it less on the forum where a lot of technical expertise exists but on the open market the average person looking to buy a Supra for the first time looks for unmodded cars. Even on this forum people seem to accept that BPU & restriction at 1.2 bar is a balance between increased performance and reliability. Nothing in life is free. Even if the cost to reliability is small - it is still a cost that the majority of buyers are averse to paying. Especially those looking at Supras because of their reliability.

I know most on the forum don't want to hear it but it's fact. Modding in the eyes of most buyers (rightly or wrongly) are signs of i) repair; ii) abuse; iii) reduced lifespan of parts iv) reduced reliability and iv) reduction in future resale value.

Only heavily modded cars increase in value and that is for a small market.

This probably explains the gap between what the forum tends to think a nicely modded Supra is worth and what the market thinks.