The mkiv Supra Owners Club

%*#@(!!! another my supra got key thread

China Man

I am gutted, washed the car the other day and had the windscreen replaced yesterday. Parked the car at Holborn and went for a drink for a few hours, come back and some twat have keyed my car :complain:

Not the worse I have seen but I think is pretty bad. It is dark outside and I will post some picture in the morning.

3 panels were damaged. The front wing have light scratch, blue paint work but not deep enough to see white. Door and rear wing had scratch mark deep enough to see white with some powder left on the panels....

I know a good spray shop near me but how much does it usually cost to repair? I don't want to get ripped off. Shame as I had the money to get some bucket seats and harness I guess I have to leave that for later.

:(

oh mate, sorry to hear this :( Things like this just make my blood boil :boxing:

Unfortunately it's not likely to be a cheap fix, though a decent bodyshop should be able to make it as good as new. If you have a good history and protected NCB, it might even be worth claiming - you could get a full respray out of it :eyebrows:

A full same colour resrpay shouldn't cost more than than £1.2k provided the car is in decent shape beforehand.

Now that Dude is unavailable (He was always best £ wise), I highly recommend GVN. I had a look at some of their work and it really is 1st class.

man annoying, pisses me off, my parents car been keyed before, my old car been keyed before, i dont understand why they do it. but i know how you feel mate.

dont know what else to say, but just hope those f^%&ers get the hands paralysed forever.

i suppose if you were thinking about a respray anyway, then take that as a sign of... its time for it now ;) so what colour :ecstatic: or you gonna keep the same

Makes me bloody mad. My mate got a respray on his renault megan (sp?) after this happened and now they have do the exact same thing to it again last week! - There is only a few times you can put up with this crap along with the cost of a full respray twice this year! :tongue: :blink:

oh man that sucks, whats the matter with these t0ssers! they make me so mad.

have you tried a bit of polish / compound yet, just to see if it's in the clearcoat layer? if it is you might be able to polish it out so it notices less, untill you are ready for paintwork of course. HArd to tell how deep they are, but you might be able to get rid of the smaller scratches even if the larger one still shows to some extent.

I went to halford and got some paint made up. Since is not too bad damage I am going to try T-cut on the small scratch and use touch up paint on the larger one and lacquer over it and see what happens.

Rain won't stop so I guess it will have to wait until Thursday or next weekend.

China

That really sucks mate :(

I hate it when stuff like this happens...

In Sweden "Malmö" its about the same, you cant park a nice car and leaving it....either they key it or they break in and steal the cd-player...

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Feel for you :(