The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie advice needed!

Guest Coun Funkula

Guest Coun Funkula

Hi!

Just looking for some basic advice really about Supes! I am looking at buying an NA manual for £4000-£5000. What kind of car (year/cond etc) could I get for my cash?

It MUST be a manual!

The reason I don't want a TT is because I have had turbo cars in the past (RX7 FD and a Z32 300ZX) and have had too much hassle with them! They are wicked fun but I want something affordable petrol and insurance wise and can't be arsed with the worry of big bills!

What is the reliability and fuel consumption like on the mkiv's? I had a mkiii NA ages ago and loved it, so getting a nice mkiv seems like a good idea. I went sensible a few months back and got a Honda Accord Coupe (3.0 vtec but still slow :taped: ) and I'm missing my sportscars again :D ... Its ok but its an auto and its, well boring really:(

Any help or advice will be well appreciated! Also, if you know anyone who has a decent one for sale, please put them in touch with me!

Cheers,

Llew!

Guest Count Funkula
But as soon as you get one youll crave more power...

:eyebrows:

Yeah thought about this but I can't afford it right now - I want to get an NA first and see how I get on with it... Also if I get used to an NA then buy a TT then I reckon I'll enjoy/appreciate it more:D

Guest Count Funkula
reliable - yes

fuel consumption - no

:)

Fuel Consumption - Yes! I would imagine it is positively economic compared to what my RX7 drank! :blink:

With fuel consumption, I tend to draw the line at 20mpg and it can't be much lower than that surely?!

Forgot to ask earlier - Are the mkiv na lumps prone to head gasket failure like the 7M-GE/GTE was in the mkiii's??