The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Creaking susp has returned. *RAGE*

RedM

After nearly six weeks of silence the bloody awful creak from the drivers side rear susp has returned.

I had a new top-mount fitted a few weeks before Xmas and it still creaked. However, after a 150 odd mile blast up home along the M1 it vanished (I presume I was going so fast I left the noise behind:D) . That was New Years Eve bit over the last few days it has gotten louder and louder.

Bloody annoyed, I tell thee.

• 2 months later...

Woot-de-flipping-do my sodding creaking noise is back again. I've had about two, maybe three months without it and now it's back again. Last time it only stayed a few days but it's now a week again.

Still no closer to working out what it is. Pissed of and pretty sure it can be heard outside the car. Not what you want when trying to look good.

Still no closer to working out what it is. Pissed of and pretty sure it can be heard outside the car. Not what you want when trying to look good.

martin it can be heard and yes its embarrasing, mines has not gone and i used other top mounts thats were assured not to creak but it made no difference if anything they are worse

mine used to do it but not anymore.... i thought it was suspension but to my suprise it was a couple of rubber mounts that are in the boot... so like john said, i just used silicon spray on them and it went!! i have to do it every so often as it does come back... also does the noise go when it rains??

We thought it wass the top mount (drivers side rear). You can feel vibration through it when the creaking occurs. However, a change of top mount hasn't cured it.

It occurs mostly when pulling away from a standstill or when cornering to the left.

I'm assuming the rubber mounts mentioned are the often replaced boot stops. It isn't them as the sound can be made by pushing the rear of the car down with the boot open.

I'm thinking it could be air in one of the dampers that somehow finds its way out and goves me months of noise free driving but occasionally gets back in.

i am sure he has billies on martins but i think he will confirm for defo

i have koni's on mine, it was doing it on mine before i upgraded from the standard black ones to koni's and its still doing it and have put top mounts on mine too although the ones i tried were second hand martins were new!!!!!

Re: the new top mount issue. As I understand it Toyota have done 3 or 4 revisions of this part. They are aware that there is a 'rare' problem with some of them but it is not as simple as buying a new top-mount as you can't tell easily if it is an old version in a new bag.

Im creaking as well and am hoping its the old issue of your front sub frame bolts, there were quite a few reports a few years back especially on the earlier cars of these bolts coming loose. Mines going on a ramp Tuesday to have these checked as I get creaking at low parking speeds, but when the car is jacked up and the wheel turned I cant replicate it.