The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long does it take you to wash the car ???

klump

Dont know if im just slow or if it should really take the amount of time spent yesterday to wash the sup :think:

By washing i mean -

rinse

wash

rinse

dry off

polish

clean wheels

polish wheels

wipe dash and inside

clean windows

This on average takes me 3.5 - 4 hours to do

It only made me start to think when i went back inside the house and the gf told me that in the same time she had cleaned the house from top to bottom :hide:

I usually take almost a whole day. My process is rinse, wash using 2 buckets (one is a rinse bucket), paint clean, polish, then wax. I also clay my car once every 6 months and also sometimes detail the exterior trims.

im the same, a good 4 or 5 hours, especially if im doing the interior! my longest stint was an 8hr polish! she was gleaming after though and with 4 hours at the weekend waxing, shes as good as new!

i enjoy doing it tho, find it quite relaxing! :D

I'm the same, though I have just given her a quick wash (an hour) just to get the salt off after using her last night

yea mate, Our road is a dirt track so ever 10 seconds after cars go by.

Its boardline compulsive disorder with me. I can just hear the neighborous sniggering behind my back saying "Look, that looser is washing his car AGAIN"

:D

the neighbours are the worst thing, i find my self sneaking around cleaning which mays the matter loads worse...

i feel it needs doing every time it goes out. which ant much this time of the year.:blink:

Its boardline compulsive disorder with me. I can just hear the neighborous sniggering behind my back saying "Look, that looser is washing his car AGAIN"

:D

I once had a neighbour come over and tell me that if I was as attentive to my girlfriend as I was to my car she was a very lucky girl. She then asked if I was going to take all my wheels off to clean them. :wacko:

Supe cleaning is a very social affair, Keith is fantastic at polishing up the large panels, I'm great for interior detailing, trim dressing and wheels.

Its a team event, but we've realised that doing the full monty on both in one day is just not sensible!

I've always kept all my cars as clean as possible washing religiously every weekend and poliching every other.

Since using Sonax I've found I can get away with a quick wash more often though.

Time 1hr to 6hrs normally. It's difficuly to do this time of year though due to the daylight hours. The other night my neighbour was most amused to see me washing it in the dark. :rolleyes: