The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need Help...

raymanuk

Heeeellllppp,:D

I had left my lights on this morning when leaving the car in the car park at work. Get back to it and its making silent beeps from the alarm. The battery is most likely flat and I can't start the car. I tried to jump start but the alarm just oges off and I can't turn it off...

Can any one help? My alarm is a cobra alarm...

Thanks

Ray

:yahoo:

First would like to thank slowdog for his efforts to get me going and his spot on diagnostics of the problem and some others but that will be another thread.

Paul thanks for coming out and trying to get my car running and you were right!! It was the alarm unit, it was not playing and needed resetting. The battery has lots of juice in it!

I spoke to cobra and LUCKILY I got to speak to someone who knew their stuff about my alarm as it is no longer in their databases.

Basically if you have problems with it you can do a reset on my model alarm. Not sure if it is on all Cobra's but with the key fob (especially if you don't have the override nib/pointer), stand next to the car and hold down both buttons till the red light in the middle stops flashing (10 seconds). Then press the big button twice and hey presto your car alarm is reset.:cool:

Paul can't thank you enough for coming out and helping a numpty. Greatly appreciated fella :thumbs:

Ray

Sounds like a nightmare mate..!! Glad you got it sorted.. :nana:

Ive just walked about a mile to our park and ride as I didnt want to wait for our mini bus... got all the way to my car and realised I had forgot my keys, so i've had to walk all the way back again... :badmood: