The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Repairing holes in dash leather?

Justin

justin dont buy the kit , get it done by someone who knows what hes doing .

looking at the pics the clamps have left an impression in the dash so it needs to be heated to get it out , and that doesnt always work , so if youve got to fill it , you will then need to reproduce the grain pattern , before re colouring .

justin dont buy the kit , get it done by someone who knows what hes doing .

looking at the pics the clamps have left an impression in the dash so it needs to be heated to get it out , and that doesnt always work , so if youve got to fill it , you will then need to reproduce the grain pattern , before re colouring .

But who can do that sort of stuff for me round Cambridgeshire Pete?

• 1 month later...
hi these can be repaired i used to run a smart repair system a few years ago ,

shouldnt cost a lot to fix , for that sort of repair i would charge about £50, so that should give you a rough idea .

hope this helps peter

Just to conclude this post.

Blimey Peter you weren't wrong mate. Had a guy from a company called Trimline come out to my work at lunch time. 45 Minutes and £50 later my dash looks bloody brilliant and has no holes in it!

Bloody magic. Was like in Pulp Fiction when 'The Wolf' comes round to fix everything! Not that I had shattered skull contents on my back seat but you know what I mean.

Will post after pic soon.

well done justin mate , makes me want to get the kit out :)

Thanks again for letting me know it was a doable job Peter. The guy who did it laughed at the amount of people who think they have a leather dash. Me being one of them :D but mostly BMW owners. Ours is vinyl btw.