The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this the nicest NA in the country???

npotts

I had a bizarre day yesterday, which ended up with me at a guys house showing me his NA.

After a 130 blast along the bypass showing some crappy MX-5 why they shouldnt sit on my arse, I pulled into my close, followed by some guy in a Smart car. He followed me all the way into my drive, where I was convinced he was going to get out and tell me he was an off duty police officer!

Anyway, turns out, his house backs onto mine, and he is a massive fan of Soops. He went on to ask me about mine, and tell me he has had two mkiii's, two mkiv TT's and now owns a mkiv NA!! I was surprised as I had never seen it before on the close (its only a small estate).....

He then tells me he bought it back in 1994, for £21,000!! Apparently it was one of the first NA's in the UK. Sadly though, soon after he had an accident which prevented him from working or driving. He told me he couldnt face selling the NA so its in his garage!! (for 10 years)!!

I went round to see it, and hoply sh*t!! This thing is mint, and I mean mint!! Its only got 20k on the clock (from previous Jap owner), white, and not a mark on it anywhere. He told me for the last ten years, its been under this sheet, which he removes once every so often to start it and clean/lube it!!

Right next to it, was a mint Merc CL convertable too from 15 years ago - not a mark anywhere. Both still smelt new!!

Anyway, I was totally blown away. Apparently he is trying to get in shape enough to drive it this year. Surely this is the nicest, cleanest, lowest mileage NA in the country if not the world!! Its a 1993 Aerotop....

I asked him to send me some photo's so when he gets them done, I will post them up. Amazing how he has never seen me before, as I have lived there for 2 years, with his garden backing on mine!!

Ive told him about this forum, so lets see if he joins! He couldnt stop telling me how much he loved Supra's!!

Top guy, and the nicest Supra I have ever seen. If you want to know what they looked like rolling out of the dealership - come and see this one!!

Nick

Hey cool - yeah its a nice road along that way. I think I have an Auntie that lives in Macclesfield!!

Do you ever go to Mascrat Nick? Im supposed to be going there this Monday to meet a guy with an Alpine unit to match my other one - not been before....

Yeah could be tempted mate. Ive only been to bike meets in the past (being a motorbiker and all that), so this monday will be my first car meet.

Im only really going for the stereo, but it will be a good oppurtunity to meet up with a couple of guys off here.....

When your next around me, give me a call mate on 078180 22156 - would love to see your car!!

Guest The Flash

£21k ? How much were they new then (Or did I miss the bit that said he got it new? How frustrating to have those cars in the garage - and not be able to dive them?

I think I have an Auntie that lives in Macclesfield!!
Sorry, do you have an Auntie and think she lives there........ or do you know a women there and think she is your Auntie lol