The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrids fitted - woo-hooo!!!

salvatore

Hi guys,

Finally got back from sea about 3 weeks ago. Had left me soop with Pete at Thor Racing, for a spanky upgrade - stage 3 hybrids, boost controller, FSE,

walbro fuel pump, new turbo timer, e-manage - basically a big ol' wad of upgrades...:D :D

Well, picked up the car and had a chat with Pete about new bits and how to use 'em. I was quite cautious at first, seeing as the waehter was cold and dry, but still quite overcast, so there might've been ice still on the roads. When i finally found a camera-free stretch with no other traffic (the M40:D :D ), finally squeezed the throttle full open....

BUGGER ME!!!! Talk about urgent!!! Was getting the slip control on until about 90mph (turned it off after that!!), certainley blew the cobwebs out, thats for sure!! When the second turbo spools up, it's like a whole new car:eyebrows: :eyebrows: definetley will have to think about getting RLTC fitted now methinks....:)

Anyway, just leaves me to say how flipping chuffed i am with the job the boys at Thor did, and to applaud their integrity with the job throughout (especially with the duff turbos they sent back 'cos they were'nt up to scratch).

See you all soon at a show i guess (or the next SW meet)

TTFN

Salvatore

Hybrids are (correct me if i'm wrong) your old turbos with the scroll chambers, impellers etc enlarged to create more boost. Same turbo - more power:D (noobie answer i know but :p )

Useful if your soops getting to the age (as mine was) where the oil seals were leaking and on thier way out.

Regarding prices, best off talking to Pete at Thor, as each case is different.

As a ballpark, i'd put aside about £2000 to cover it. Seems a lot, but you cant just bosh on an uprated tubo and leave everything else standard and expect big power gains...:)

Just do it!!!!!!!