The mkiv Supra Owners Club

orange triangle

ADD

It's the general warning light. It comes on when you put the handbrake on which is why you see it in pictures a lot.

And isn't it red rather than orange?

when ever i put my hanbrake on its the P sign that lights up is it not?????

mines stays on all the time, what could that be? brake pads/fluid all fine no error codes nothing, have done a search on here and nothing seems to ring any bells

mines stays on all the time, what could that be? brake pads/fluid all fine no error codes nothing, have done a search on here and nothing seems to ring any bells

Door not shut?

Even if you think fluid is fine it could still be that, it's a sensitive sensor.

I take it you've got an auto. The P is putting the gearbox in Park. You do know you have a handbrake too don't you :Pling: :looney:

Mike

I take it you've got an auto. The P is putting the gearbox in Park. You do know you have a handbrake too don't you :Pling: :looney:

Mike

ok let me re phrase it, as i was talking about the handbrake anyway that the p is the (P) for handbrake not the p for park am not that dense,

anyway when you put the handbrake on jake is saying that the red triangle should appear on the rev counter but when i put my hanbrake on the (p) on the fuel guage dial lights up like the same (p) on all cars that have a handbrake light

the brake fluid was checked as the guy said that that was sorting my car he thought it would be the fluid straight away when i mentioned it but it turned out to be spot on

I have this problem too.

Had a perfectly fine working h/brake light (incidentally i had the main one and little one on the right come on with h/brake) but brake fluid level was low.

Topped up brake fluid and now I don't get the h/brake warning light at all. Faulty sensor at the exact same time as I topped up the brake fluid seems too coincidental to me.

Is the lack of this light an MOT failure?