The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can we move the SEM meet please?

Dragonball

Just a request to

1. Another evening other than Tuesday - as ACE cafe meet on that I would personally like to go to

2. Fairmile is smoky and service is shit...also long enough there now...with Spring / Summer we could try moving around a bit

Other suggestions - perhaps 4 venues to spread it around for those travelling a way etc

Runnymede (M25 junct 13) - lovely by the river in summer etc

Place just off Hogs back - Guildford / Aldershot Road

Just my 2p's worth

Some of us local lads to the south east of the south east have been talking about this. We are looking at somewhere more local to us and have come up with Ashford. We have a few pubs in mind just need to check with them that its ok. Wont be on a Tues night because of sem plus Bluewater is on the same night too.

I keep wanting to go to a SEM..

Need to show my face, and get to put some faces to names from on here!

Trouble is i can't do tuesdays..

If anyother plans get going (unless on tues), I will be there!...

PS Klump, if you have any local meets round your way give me a PM, i ain't too far away, and wouldn't mind meeting some other members.. cheers

I don't know if this will be of interest to you but a chap called 'Vaughn' posted up about a southern meet on a mailing list I'm on:

A fantastic new venue for Japanese cars to meet.

Mango Joes

Medway Valley Leisure Park

Chariot Way

Rochester

Kent

ME2 2SS

It is ideally located very close to junction 2 of the M2, with in walking distance we have the Cineworld cinema, (used to be UGC) and McDonalds.

Mango Joes is a very welcoming restaurant and bar that is very child friendly. On Sundays they do a carvery eat as much as you like Adults £7.95 / Children £3.95

We want this to be the best monthly meet for Japanese car owners in Kent. A very friendly atmosphere will be found by all owners.

We are expecting varied range of modified cars turn up each month giving you something to look at, to perhaps add some special bits to their cars to put their own distinctive style to their own car.

The pub has a massive lit car park big enough for 50 cars in front and 150 cars on the other side of the road.

The remainder of this years date are listed below and we all hope to see many new faces as the year goes on.

Starts 12 noon Finishes when we go

Sunday 12th Feb

Sunday 12th March

Sunday 9th April

Sunday 14th May

Sunday 11th June

Sunday 14th July

Sunday 13th August

Sunday 10th September

Sunday 13th October

Sunday 12th November

Sunday 10th December

Sounds a good idea Paul.

Fcuking 20 minutes to get tw o pints of lager lasrt night, Joke !! :taped:

Just a request to

1. Another evening other than Tuesday - as ACE cafe meet on that I would personally like to go to

2. Fairmile is smoky and service is shit...also long enough there now...with Spring / Summer we could try moving around a bit

Other suggestions - perhaps 4 venues to spread it around for those travelling a way etc

Runnymede (M25 junct 13) - lovely by the river in summer etc

Place just off Hogs back - Guildford / Aldershot Road

Just my 2p's worth

hey guys i,ll be driving down a20 at ashford tommorrow so can look for a nice place there if you like and do a bit of a recce? i agree though i can,t do cobham during week nights even maidstone over an hour away from me, coz of early starts at work i have to miss out:thumbdown: coming up from eastbourne area is a fookin pain!!!

I am certainly up for trying somewhere else. The only downside will be missing out on the BBQ at the Fairmile in the summer.

By the way Mr Evans you got a mention on TV this morning :whistle:

We can still do the Bar-B-Q mate

OK - what did I get mentioned for by the young lady....? :p

just looking on a map and most central place between eastbourne, ashford, dover pommpy, brighton, london is east grinstead? i know of some decent places there but depends on the others and what everyone else thinks? 50 min drive for me but don,t know bout how long from pommpy, maidstone, dover etc???:search:

Just food for thought guy's, but a few of the regulars (we've only missed 1 in the last 18 months) for the SEM actually travel all the way from Wiltshire for this, if you move the venue further East you will basically be excluding us from the meet, as it is we usually don't get home much before 01:30am (Yeah, I know, we must be mad!).

Don't get me wrong, if there are issues with the venue (and there has been a couple recently.) then by all means lets move it somewhere else. Just don't move it out of our reach.

WILTSHIRE!!!!! ya lunatic:blink:

i like the idea of a few diff places so we move around, however as it is at the moment it don,t matter where the meet is it,s to far for someone somewhere!!! so maybe there should be a couple of places to meet instead? the maidstone, ashford, dover, hastings, tonbridge and surrounding areas have a place over thier way and brighton, southhampton, guildford etc etc have there place and so on? maybe have a bi monhtly meet all groups together or something??? :search: