The mkiv Supra Owners Club

import auctions

JIMBOW1

thanks for your help yet again cj!!

how is the orange beast doing i havent seen it about abingdon for a while

I have sold it old chap. It is currently sat on my drive, gleaming after a valet earlier today and awaiting collection on Saturday :(

will it be staying local chap or wont we see it for a while?

ps; do you know when the auctions are held time/date or days it runs??

It is going down to Sussex with Gamer (Joe) so we wont be seeing it too often from now on. I think the auctions are on a Tuesday. Are you after anything specifically? PM me if you want as I have contacts in the trade down there.

A1 Car Auctions, http://www.a1carauctions.co.uk/ dock gate 10, smaller auction

And Motorway Car Auctions i did have a web page? dock gate 4, larger auction 300-400cars

Both are meant for trade only, however i know some people who have bought from there.

i was looking at the supra's there, the quality was just poor shit, and you dont get much history or grade of car when you bid, its down to you and your knowledge to know which cars are f#cked, and which are semi-f#cked.

all the cars are what japan cannot sell through auction, and are a pile of poo. A1 or damage repaired

A1 Car Auctions, http://www.a1carauctions.co.uk/ dock gate 10, smaller auction

And Motorway Car Auctions i did have a web page? dock gate 4, larger auction 300-400cars

Both are meant for trade only, however i know some people who have bought from there.

i was looking at the supra's there, the quality was just poor shit, and you dont get much history or grade of car when you bid, its down to you and your knowledge to know which cars are f#cked, and which are semi-f#cked.

all the cars are what japan cannot sell through auction, and are a pile of poo. A1 or damage repaired

I am confused by this. Are you saying that all the cars bought by the trade at the auction are crap andthat the only cars coming out of Japan that are good are bought at the auctions over there? If that is the case, then there must be a hell of a lot of people on this board driving crap cars as most of them are bought off traders who do not buy direct from Japan and buy them through auctions just like this.

yes, like 80% of the cars at auction are dodgy.

who knows who buys them,

So most of the cars on here are dodgy or crap then? Quite a sweeping statement eh? What about companies such as IBC / Autoterminal who buy a huge amount of cars in Japan to sell through auctions over here. Are they selling crap or OK ones?

I think before you make such a generalisation you get evidence first eh? Yes, there is crap at the auctions but the same could be said for cars bought at Japan and imported too. Or are you naive enough to think that all Import companies only buy the quality cars? :rolleyes:

sorry, im on about southampton here, do you live in soton?

im not on about every car that comes through import or sold at auction here.

go and have a look for yourself feller

from my own experience and word from another trader

I did, it is where the Orange Beast came from. It is also where Autoterminal sell all the cars (000's) that have not gone direct to trade.

Autoterminal which is a franchise used to trade under that name until they went bust and have undergone new management and trade under the name ATUK are part of a really large global organisation who have links to the main japanese suppliers.

Motorway and A1 buy through traders in Japan such as TAU and the likes .

I used to work for the company that own both auctions so I do have a faint idea of the internal operations. I am not slating any of their cars, but at least directly from the auctions in Japan you do get a full report to the cars as opossed to a quick 5 min glance before they run through.

Autoterminal which is a franchise used to trade under that name until they went bust and have undergone new management and trade under the name ATUK are part of a really large global organisation who have links to the main japanese suppliers.

Motorway and A1 buy through traders in Japan such as TAU and the likes .

I used to work for the company that own both auctions so I do have a faint idea of the internal operations. I am not slating any of their cars, but at least directly from the auctions in Japan you do get a full report to the cars as opossed to a quick 5 min glance before they run through.

You will know then that ATUK also dispose of their stock through the auction houses at Southampton too. It isnt just the auctions own stock that gets sold.