The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS super dragger

supra steveo

Is there increase on BHP after installing a HKS super dragger exhaust????

It depends on the state of tune. On a stockish engine there is a minor increase in volumetric efficiency, but nothing to write home about.

The bulk of power gains are due to running more boost pressure, not the wider exhaust. However, on the JSpec the cats and the rest of the exhaust are part of the wastegate control system, so modifying them also affects boost pressure.

If you do run higher boost then the effects of the super dragger will be more pronounced, as it will help reduce exh backpressure a bit (BPUing has pushed it sky-high)

I've got a super dragger and it's very nice:D

I don't know how much more power I got when I changed cos I never measured it before or afterwards. Not really bovvered what the figures are.

What's important is haow the car responded after the cats removed and exhaust replaced. Much better throttle response and has transformed the car from a bit sluggish to quite nippy. The sound is also very pleasing but not too loud.

DO IT!!