The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Nurburgring Trip

AJI

OK everybody, the dates look as though they’ve been released and the date for this trip is set for Friday 30th June through to Monday 3rd July.

[Open dates (for reference) : http://julesperry.com/ring-2006.htm ]

The ferry company and times are listed below: (It is down to yourselves to book your tickets)

Ferry company – P&O

Outward route : Dover to Calais Return : Calais to Dover

30-06-06 - Outward time : 06:25 (to arrive in Calais for 08:40 – one hour ahead of English clocks)

Ship name : Pride of Kent

03-07-06 - Return time : 19:45 (to arrive in Dover for 20:00) Ship name : Pride of Calais

Cost : £85.00

You can book via their website - P&O Ferry booking site

Accommodation:

There are many hotels and camping sites in the area.

Here’s a link to a number of them - http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/where_to_stay.html

With the numbers that are going on this trip it is very unlikely everyone will be located at the same hotel, for this reason I am not going to state any particular hotel name that everyone must book into.

(It is down to yourselves to locate and arrange your bookings for your accommodation).

Where ever you get sorted you will notice accommodation prices in Germany are a lot cheaper than here in the UK. ;-)

Safe to say the nearest Hotel is located in Adenau... its called “Hotel An Der Nordschleife” and you can see the track from it !! It has secure parking and lots of rooms and facilities.

All of you Gran Tourismo 4 gamers will see that same hotel as you go over the Adaneu Bridge within the game.

Failing that, there are also a number of places to stay within the village of Nurburg. So please take some time to surf the web so that you are happy with your accommodation.

You’ll have to be quick in booking up mind you.... there is a little insignificant event taking place called the World Cup or something like that.... must be something to do with indoor bowls maybe ;-)

The trip format is listed below:

Friday morning --- Meet up at Dover to catch morning ferry to Calais.

Drive from Calais to the Nurburgring.

Friday afternoon --- Get signed into accommodation. Then rest of the day is yours to do whatever you want. (Laps, sightseeing, spectating etc. etc.)

Saturday --- full day to do whatever you want.

Sunday --- full day to do whatever you want..... apart from at 4pm there will be a photo shoot opportunity in which all cars are invited to line up in the camping field next to the track entrance.

Monday ---- Quick visit to the Museum/Garage for a few souvenirs and then set off back home.

Miscellaneous info for the trip.

-We will be taking PMR radio/walkie talkies and using Ch.5/05 ... this will allow everyone to have a chat along the route there and back, also to allow everyone to be informed of fuel-stops.

-Please bring a recent European map incase you get lost.

-There will be no car orders in any of the drives there or back.... so please don’t feel you have to wait behind any other car. If you wish to drive faster or slower then its entirely upto yourself.

-Please bear in mind that the Nurburgring doesn’t allow camcorders.... if you are found by the officials to be filming then they are free to take you off the track. (cough cough – must be getting another cold ;-)

-Please make sure you’ve got plenty brake-pad and brake-disc material left if you are intending on doing lots of laps.

-If you are going to be using Sat-Nav then please check we are all using the same route.

-Please arrange your necessary break-down cover and travel insurance.... because you just never know what could happen.

-There will be a fuel stop or two en-route...but please try to have a full tank at Dover before we set off.

-It must be accepted that you enter this event entirely at your own risk.

-If any of you have any specific questions then please PM me.

Calendar link here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-6-30&c=1

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The previous Nurburgring thread was to gauge interest.... this is the thread for the final plans and entry list.

Please can you enter your name on the list below ONLY IF YOU ARE DEFINITELY ATTENDING. Thankyou.

1. AJI --- Supra TT

The previous Nurburgring thread was to gauge interest.... this is the thread for the final plans and entry list.

Please can you enter your name on the list below ONLY IF YOU ARE DEFINITELY ATTENDING. Thankyou.

1. AJI --- Supra TT

2. SteveR --- JSpec Supra RZ (TT)

Guest lloydmcc

1. AJI --- Supra TT

3. Kitch --- ST205 GT-four

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

6. Jspec Germany --- Mike --- Jspec Supra

7. MAC ---Jspec n/a hopefully a uk TT by then

1. AJI --- Supra TT

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

7. MAC ---Jspec n/a hopefully a uk TT by then

8: michel lane - supra t

9. cornimac -supra tt

1. AJI --- Supra TT (uk)

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

7. MAC --- Jspec n/a hopefully a uk TT by then

8: michel lane --- supra t

9. cornimac ---supra tt

Looks like there's a nice gethering of cars taking shape for this trip. :-)

* list amended *

1. AJI --- Supra TT (uk)

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

9. cornimac ---supra tt

10. tezzpip---hopefully an n/a when i get back

1. AJI --- Supra TT (uk)

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

9. cornimac ---supra tt

11. Darkrider666 ---- either NA (hope sold) or Skyline

AJI, going with Martyn and Co that went with you last yr !!

We will be meeting up with a number of German MKiv owners at the track over the weekend. Thanks to Chiefgroover for organising that.

This is going to be a good opporunity to see what the German guys have done to theirs cars and it will make the photo shoot even better.

It will be down to us lot to show them how to drive around the 'ring ! ;-)

Although I'm guessing some of those guys will be fairly nifty at that track without any demos from us !

1. AJI --- Supra TT (uk)

4. Stu --- ST205 GT-four

5. Wayne --- Skyline GTR

9. cornimac ---supra tt

11. Darkrider666 ---- either NA (hope sold) or Skyline

12. Martyn --- RX7

Hello people.

Has everybody managed to get sorted with accommodation so far?

If you're struggeling then please let me know and I can give you some 'pointers' for a few local places.

Also something to take note of is the check in time for the outbound ferry. The booking details from the P&O website state that we are to check-in 30mins prior to the departure time. So therefore we should be making a move onto the ferry at 05:55 on the Friday morning.

Its an early start, but this will mean more time for the track on the Friday !

:-)

A bit closer to the date I will put up the details of the chosen route from Calais to the track. (So those of you with sat-nav can plug it in).

Last year we went on the E40 and went via the Brussels ring-road. The ring-road is a very conjested part of the route and I think this year I'll choose a route which misses that out. All details will be put up on this thread in due course so please keep a regular check here.

Final note : There are still plenty of places available for other members of this BBS to come along and you still have plenty of time to get booked up.

The more the merrier !

bye for now,

Aron.

I haven't decided where I'm staying just yet, but I may be able to help with the route. I live in Germany not far from the dutch border and very close the start of the A46 autoban. It is approximately 58.2 mins by autoban to the Ring from my place by major motorways, mostly autoban.

AJI, are you organizing this shin-dig? I could PM you my address and proposed route then you could plug it in your sat-nav and decide if you like the route?

BTW, I may have found a 350Z to join us.

I was thinking of taking the E42 this year instead of the E40. The E42 takes a more direct route from Calais and also misses out Brussels.

My parents go touring in Germany every year, for the past 8 years, and they say the E42 is by far the best route to take.

So the proposed basic route will be as follows :

(numbers in brackets are the local road numbers)

From Calais - E40(A16) then onto the E42(A25)(A27)(A16)(E19). This route goes past Lille and then Charleroi. The E42 then travels across Belguim to Liege. At Liege the E42 joins the E40 momentarily and then turns south (A27) and then into Germany. Shortly after entering Germany we'll take the E29 northwards and then onto the B258 and onto the Nurburgring.

Hopefully you'll be able to meet us somewhere along that route Jspec Germany?

I'll hook up with you guys somewhere along the route. We'll figure it out as we get closer. I'm planning on making several trips there before this one also. I wasn't able to find the A27 or E29 on this map(mapquest), but if you can get me a picture of your route on the German side, I can find a good rendezvous point.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&country=DE&addtohistory=&address=&city=adenau&zipcode=