The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who fixes my car - YOU decide

SupraWoman

Which bodyshop to choose?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which bodyshop to choose?

• GVN Coachworks
    • 355 Automobile Restorations

After being with no car for 10 months now, I have decided to get my car fixed.

For those of you who dont know my story, here is the link:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=47677

I have narrowed it down too 2 bodyshops.

I am doing the job privatley, so I want to make sure I get good value for money and a brilliant job.

I want your opinions so feel free to comment below. Thanks!

GVN's website: http://www.gvncoachworks.com

And 2nd company's website: http://www.355automobilerestorations.co.uk

Many of you know GVN, but not many 355 Restorations. I was there today, to check their premises. They had few Ferarris there, Aston Martin, Rolls Roys, and - McLaren F1 car, as McLaren is their client.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say GVN as there's first hand experience on here, the other place is probably quality too but go with tried and trusted. What you getting done Yulia? Same again or something different?

Totally different, and might be not to everyone taste, well.. more likely to not anyone's taste LOL :D

hi, my new car was bought as a damaged repaired the work was done by mach 1 motorsports in kent .quite near you? they have done a truly amazing job on the panal/paintwork the car looks stunning not just my opinion i would sure use them if i was in area.not sure on prices as bought car finished but have there no if you like plus photos of repair in progress. good luck with whoever you choose

Just as an aside, if you go with the verdict of the poll, and something goes wrong with the work - god forbid that happens - what would your thoughts be. I know you are only trying to gauge opinion to help you decide for yourself but wouldn't it be better to speak to both companies personally to establish your own view of their ability to create your dream supra. After all opinion is only that and as you say not many may have heard of one of these companies and probably less used them.

imho

Just as an aside, if you go with the verdict of the poll, and something goes wrong with the work - god forbid that happens - what would your thoughts be. I know you are only trying to gauge opinion to help you decide for yourself but wouldn't it be better to speak to both companies personally to establish your own view of their ability to create your dream supra. After all opinion is only that and as you say not many may have heard of one of these companies and probably less used them.

imho

The thing is - I spoke to both of these companies, and both look good. And really nice people, and nice cars they all have there too..

Damn.. its so tough..

Lui's car looks so much better in the flesh, pic just can not do it justice.

It is an amazing paint job no corners cut. If you want good paint job with a good company who will look after your car and give you a jaw dropping finish, its the was to go.

Cant wait to see her in the flesh again but looking real pretty not like last time:taped:

I'd say GVN as there's first hand experience on here, the other place is probably quality too but go with tried and trusted. What you getting done Yulia? Same again or something different?

yup, e.g. the rear quarter windows are not meant to come out so most bodyshops probably break them out and replace them. I'm sure GVN know that they can be cut out and re-bonded and the other place probably won't know this.