The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from a new guy

Guest simon_D

Guest simon_D

Hi Guys

Just thought i'd introduce myself and at the same time be cheeky and ask for a bit of advice.

After being made redundant at xmas and then getting a new job in the new year i suddenly find myself with a spare bit of cash. Having owned a skyline some years ago, and hitting 30 making me feel old, and after spending a couple of hours at exeter services at yesterdays Jap meet and drooling over a nice little black supra I'm now thinking of getting one for meself.

I'm lookin for a supe for 12-17K, what should i expect to get for that and will i get any mods for that and where should i start looking.

Cheers in advance for any advice.

Simon

Hi Simon and welcome.

You should have the pick of the best at that price range. My personal preferance was late model VVTi in relatively standard form. My best advice is go out and see as many as you can.

Don't be tempted by the first couple you see. Read all the FAQ section and familiarise yourself with all the model differences too.

Guest simon_D
Welcome mate... as the other have said 17k goes a long way in the Supra world these days...

Give us a shout if you see any your considering....

opinions, we got em! :)

There's a blue Supra on Piston Heads 16.5K. Anyone know anything about it?

Welcome mate... as the other have said 17k goes a long way in the Supra world these days...

Give us a shout if you see any your considering....

opinions, we got em! :)

Yeh and Pics lots of Pics!! Good Luck with your search, that budget should get you a fantastic supra, id personally be looking for a VVTI version for that kind of money, shud hold its value well too as not so many got thru into the country. Either that or the best/lowest miler UK model you can find!

:)

Guest simon_D
You could get mine and have money spare to fix it for that!! :p

Whats wrong with it? Actually fancied something a bit meatier if you get my drift!

Guest simon_D

I guessed from your budget you'd be after a single or something - seems people want to either spend 7k or 17k!!! :(

Yeah mate - just finding the right one really. Been lookin for a while but there aint half some s**t out there! Might settle for a top quality tt with more extras, save the dosh and upgrade once I'm used to it. After driving a 130bhp turbo diesel like!!!!:haha:

hello and welcome, good luck finding the car you are after. You could consider getting a fairly standard one and doing exactly the mods you want to it - this way you get _exactly_ what you want and know the car well, but it might end up costing more. Good luck with the search.

Cheers for that stealth. Nice car but doesnt set the heart racin if you know what i mean.

Fair enough mate, it's a personal thing and so I'm sure you will pick the one best suited to you.

I love the gunmetal facelifts - would have one in a shot if the pennies were spare