The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Changing Bulbs

Supra-Dupra

Have'nt yet gone out and attempted to take them out yet but the middle lens in the headlights on one side has died ! What's the type of bulb is required ?? I have bought some 9005 H.I.D style bulbs from ebay, are these the ones for this lens ??

Its a J-Spec 94 auto, glass headlights. Circled in the pic the lens in question.

headlights.jpg

Have'nt yet gone out and attempted to take them out yet but the middle lens in the headlights on one side has died ! What's the type of bulb is required ?? I have bought some 9005 H.I.D style bulbs from ebay, are these the ones for this lens ??

Its a J-Spec 94 auto, glass headlights. Circled in the pic the lens in question.

You've bought the wrong bulb, you need 9006 for the UK glass headlights.

UK Glass Headlights

Outside = fog = H3

Middle = Low beam = 9006

Inside = High Beam = 9005

J-spec Headlights

Outside = Fog = H3

Middle = Low Beam = 9006J (use 9005)

Inside = High Beam = 9005J (use 9005)

I recently brought some bulbs for my j-sepc head lights, low beam. They were 9005 but you will need to gently file the outside lumps i.e. make them smaller. Also, you will need to remove the 2 plastic runners inside the socket as Jspec bulbs have one.

Its not that difficult, takes 5 mins top for each bulb. I used a file, and filed the outside lumps down, and then used a stanley blade to remove both runners inside the bulb.

SBK

I recently brought some bulbs for my j-sepc head lights, low beam. They were 9005 but you will need to gently file the outside lumps i.e. make them smaller. Also, you will need to remove the 2 plastic runners inside the socket as Jspec bulbs have one.

Its not that difficult, takes 5 mins top for each bulb. I used a file, and filed the outside lumps down, and then used a stanley blade to remove both runners inside the bulb.

SBK

The bulbs will actually fit without filing the outside tabs if you jiggle them a bit they will go in. You can also unscrew the slotted part on the back of the headlight and fit them on, but I wouldn't suggest this unless you have the headlights off the car, as the screws are small and fiddly to get at.

As you say just a case of removing the raised ridges from the connector, which is quite simple and once done any 9005 bulb will fit.