The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Really tempted by an Aristo....

Mike

I was initially thinking of trading in the Soop... yep, I like them quite a lot..

but looking at the prices you can get one for around 5k, so may trade in the Missus car..? then she can drive my N/A and I can drive the Aristo... (god help me!)

What do you think?

Anyone (OK, think it's just DB?) know about these?

I know they're fairly rapid and look lovely.. :eyebrows: obviously Lexus, so good build quality... but mpg (motorway and urban?), repair and service costs - comparable to the Soop? common faults?

anything would be a huge help....

cheers guys..

I have a MKII, and yes they are brilliant.

Pics of mine: http://www.envyperformance.com/picasa/v300/

It really is a 4dr Supra and mine is faster than most BPU Supras (the VVTi gives it that little bit more poke).

Get one, you'll not regret it.

Gaz.

That is a lovely car mate...

just bit worried about the increase in running costs.. any idea on services? mpg? main things to look for?

doesnt matey in dorset have his twinturbo one for sale still?

bit out of my price range that one...! VERY sexy car though...

but yeah, looking at his car basically got me on the 'lets buy an Aristo' thing..

think the question is really, would I be buying a piece of crap for 5-6k or should I get serious and try and spend a bit more on one...?

bit out of my price range that one...! VERY sexy car though...

but yeah, looking at his car basically got me on the 'lets buy an Aristo' thing..

think the question is really, would I be buying a piece of crap for 5-6k or should I get serious and try and spend a bit more on one...?

no mate you can get a tidy example from japan for that but it would be auto :ecstatic:

I've had my Mk1 for just over 2 months now, and I love it - you get a lot of car for the money. It's quick, comfortable, comes with loads of toys, and there's plenty of tuning potential should you fancy it.

I don't like to try and work out MPG around town (because I'm scared!), but on the motorway, my crude calculations show 27-28mpg at a steady 80mph cruise.

Paying £5-6k for a Mk1 is about as much as you'd want to spend, and should buy you a really good car, with around 60k miles, maybe less, and a few mods to boot. Spending any more doesn't seem worth it as you're into Mk2 money at that stage. Mk1s start as low as £2.5k, but you might think it a bit of a risk to spend that little.

If you head over to http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk DB, rallure, Gaz and myself are all over there, and you can find loads of useful information.

Seb

Rallure are you getting that silver one at djcraigs? I am half wishing I had bought that one now. That said I took the guy out that bought my supe in it and he reckoned it was quick even though we'd just been out in my supe. The manual box with the FCD fitted now seriously shifts along and with the constant gear changing and rush onto the next it feels a whole helluva lot faster than it is.

Fuel efficiency is little or no different to the supra as far as I can glean from the lexus board. According to some of the guys that are currently looking there are quite a few motors available in the £3.5k bracket. £5k will get you a nice one with reasonable miles and some wheels etc. I'm impressed with mine (shame the mrs isn't :( ) I could actually let mine go a bit cheaper if I didn't fit the UK brakes and RLTC

Rallure are you getting that silver one at djcraigs? I am half wishing I had bought that one now. That said I took the guy out that bought my supe in it and he reckoned it was quick even though we'd just been out in my supe. The manual box with the FCD fitted now seriously shifts along and with the constant gear changing and rush onto the next it feels a whole helluva lot faster than it is.

Fuel efficiency is little or no different to the supra as far as I can glean from the lexus board. According to some of the guys that are currently looking there are quite a few motors available in the £3.5k bracket. £5k will get you a nice one with reasonable miles and some wheels etc. I'm impressed with mine (shame the mrs isn't :( ) I could actually let mine go a bit cheaper if I didn't fit the UK brakes and RLTC

yes mate,ive already put a deposit down just waiting for the dvla to send the number plates and i'll pick it up

My god Gaz that’s a seriously pimped example of an aristo! Didn’t you used to have a gs300?

IMO it’s a shame it says aristo on the back and not gs300 makes it less of a sleeper.

Why thank you :)

I am thinking of debadging it completely, but I genuinely like the fact it says V300.

Gaz.