The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can anyone give me some advice....

Al_Lilley

hi everyone im new here.....i want to buy a SZ/SZ-R manual normally aspirated stock supra if poss ....can anyone shed any light on how much i am looking at to insure this.....ive only been driving since september and im 23....so i expecting it to be a few thousand....which im currently saving for....and does anyone have any advice on what i should do concerning insuring the car because i have plans to add border bodykit,19" wheels,HKS Exhaust and HKS Induction,plus tracker and cat1 clifford alarm as soon as i get the car...is it better to wait till the work on the car is done or insure it straight away....thank you

to be honest with you i would save a little bit more and get a TT you will find that there is not much between them for insurance

as for insurance shop around then get a quote from the club insurer sky as other insurers will not cover your aftermarket stuff, so if you smash up your bodykit then that will come out your own pocket as it will not be covered with your insurance company but sky i believe does

thanks for the advice everyone.....ill probably end up declaring the car as standard but with the tracker and cat 1 alarm...and if anythin happens ill have to pay for it out of my own pocket.....i read somewhere that the insurance wouldnt be that much between the TT and the NA import supra??...but i was just thinkin about the whole handling of the car conerning the power and what would be better for me to handle with only driving for a short time...im not tryin to give the impression that im a crap driver its just im trying to think safety...lol....however i was talkin to my mate at work who once owned a TT and he said if i bought the NA supra that after about 3month i would be dreaming about a TT and wishing i went all the way and got one of those...i think i would still get a NA tho....ill have to see

bell dont cover any after market mods they only cover standard as that is who i am with and they dont cover my 19" alloys or my bodykit

hmm strange because you can online. Maybe its cos you have TT but im sure ive done an online quote for TT with mods such as alloys and kit.

Rayman....u saving for a supra this year? how old are you? and how long you been driving? you been researching insurance? seen as you say we are along the lines of being in the same boat....

23 1 yr NCB, been quoted along the lines 1500GBP for 1996 SZ-R. Mods can be added but the premium increases, i did this online with bell not sure why they wont insure jamesMark with mods.

hmm strange because you can online. Maybe its cos you have TT but im sure ive done an online quote for TT with mods such as alloys and kit.

yip i had to phone them as i was £100 short on paying it all out and in the small print that they read out they dont cover any after market mods, it has been declared and on my cover note but if they get knicked or i prang it, its basicly tough shit, and that was not just for my tt import i insured a mondeo estate with them with aftermarket alloys and the alloys were not covered if stolen, i got the quote online exact same price just had to pay % for paying it up thats when i found out it does not cover any aftermarket as the lady on the phone read out the script. so i would check it, my mondeo lol is certainly not an import

yip i had to phone them as i was £100 short on paying it all out and in the small print that they read out they dont cover any after market mods, it has been declared and on my cover note but if they get knicked or i prang it, its basicly tough shit, and that was not just for my tt import i insured a mondeo estate with them with aftermarket alloys and the alloys were not covered if stolen, i got the quote online exact same price just had to pay % for paying it up thats when i found out it does not cover any aftermarket as the lady on the phone read out the script. so i would check it, my mondeo lol is certainly not an import

Oh i see what you mean now, when you said they didnt cover i thought you meant they wont cover mods but you mean they dont pay out on the mods shud they be lost or damaged nicked etc.

Yeh i knew they didnt pay out on the mods but still up yer premium if you add them. I guess youre getting what you pay for really as its cheap cover.

The club insurer does sound good as you get agreed value too for not much extra. What's the name of the girl you have to speak to someone?