The mkiv Supra Owners Club

500 bhp

lambertpig

im sure everybody has seen the jap spec 500bhp tuned supra on ebay(maw motors) with fully built motor. has anybody seen or know of this motor it was on my list of motors before i bought my uk tt(a bit less money and im well pleased). but i cant keep from thinking it might have been a good buy as ive now got into this modding bit(or is all the fun in adding the bits and felling your beast come to life?) also if its as good as it sounds i would have thought at 10k it would have gone it was really a bit far for me to go 500 mile round trip, i have been dissapointed too many trips before

i think the power figure is poss

Based on what exactly?

Abbey have a dynpack don't they? teehee :D 500bhp (430rwhp at REALISTIC drivetrain losses) on just hybrids and BPU mods is ridiculous. On race fuel it maybe possible, but that car has the stock ECU so no feckin chance.

They use a Dynapack so its not exactly comparable to 'real' dyno's. Also 500bhp from 1.5bar on pump fuel = no chance with hybrid's. You'll need to be ditching the stock manifold and turbo gear to achieve that. Even very well specked small singles will struggle to achieve much more than that.

Edited to add - Abbey aren’t exactly "reputable" when it comes to tuning Supra's...