The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cars booked in.......

black cat

duno... was gona let greg sort it. what do you recomend??

if the budget is there i'd persoanlly go for 1.0 bar restrictor and use a boost controller to increasae it thereafter, point you have to note is that its winter and the ambient temperature is alot lower now than in summer, so you might have it set up for e.g 1.2bar now and when summer comes you might be peaking at 1.1 or even lower as it alot warmer then.

hth

duno... was gona let greg sort it. what do you recomend??

I recommend restricting the car to 1.0 bar and using the Boost controller (electronic?) to take it 1.2 when you fancy a play....

If you have 1.2 bar all the time, you get use to it and it'll become boring again!

I normally have my EBC switched off. I switch it on for the extra boost and it makes the turbos spool quicker and earlier in the rev range. I think having the option to switch boost gives you more enjoyment out of the car!

:)

if the budget is there i'd persoanlly go for 1.0 bar restrictor and use a boost controller to increasae it thereafter, point you have to note is that its winter and the ambient temperature is alot lower now than in summer, so you might have it set up for e.g 1.2bar now and when summer comes you might be peaking at 1.1 or even lower as it alot warmer then.

hth

i have 2 settings 1 low 1 high, or is that not how it works.........:tumble:

i dont know.....

if you dont know what your doing TBH, i would get the person who is installing it all to set it up how you want, i assum you have FCD 'fuel cut defence' which will make sure you dont overboost and cause damage to the engine.

once set up yeah, you could have two setting for two different boost levels, or you could simply turn the EBC 'boost controller' and run what ever your restrictor ring allows you to, and when you want to play turn it on and select your boost.

yeah, a bit too much actually due to the J spec having small wastegates, which is why you would need a restrictor ring to keep the boost at safe limits i.e 1.2bar or below, you might want to uprate your fuel pump as a safety precation, jap spec pumps are not usual up to the job, this will stop the car from suddenly running lean at the described boost levels as jap spec pumps may not cope with the higher demand in fuel at higher boost. (may stand to be corrected)

HTH

Will full decat you will overboost. Hense the restrictor ring to keep the boost safe! most have it at 1.1 or 1.2 bar then your boost controller can adjust that. (up only)

Fuel cut would be at 1 bar but your fcd will eliminate that!

edit too slow. And yep. Def need a fuel pump if your gunna do the job properly!

ok guys that sound good, will the full decat not give me alittle extra aswell??

Yup, you don't really have to have a boost controller on a J spec. Full decat will make upto about 1.5 bar boost which will fry your turbos! So that's where the restrictor ring comes in. This limits the boost to what you want. So you can save cost on a EBC and have permanent 1.2 bar boost.

The de-catting not only gives extra boost but makes the turbos spool a bit quicker and earlier in the rev range e.g. second turbo comes online at 3800-3900 rpm instead of 4000.

And makes your car sound like a beast!:more:

iam not gona brake it am i. what will the boost gauge do. will the standard thing do?

I think the facelift stock boost gauge (if it has one) only shows negative and positive boost but not levels???

Boost gauge will show you exact boost in Kg/cm2, bar pressure or PSI. The good ones have 'Peak hold' so it remembers the maximum boost the car made.

Boost gauge helps to keep an eye on the turbos e.g. if you are over boosting and helps with diagnostics if you have boost/turbo related problems

I think the facelift stock boost gauge (if it has one) only shows negative and positive boost but not levels???

Boost gauge will show you exact boost in Kg/cm2, bar pressure or PSI. The good ones have 'Peak hold' so it remembers the maximum boost the car made.

Boost gauge helps to keep an eye on the turbos e.g. if you are over boosting and helps with diagnostics if you have boost/turbo related problems

:sos: :sos: :sos: over my head now....... ill talk to greg and lower the levels i think. its gona sound beastly though. will it shoot flames and melt my bumper???

it dos have a boost gauge but yes its only + and -.