The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has driven to the 'ring in their Supra?

Gaz6002

Hello people!

:drown:

Me and a few friends are organising a trip to the Nurburgring in July and I will of course be taking the supra TT. It will have the Apexi ECU on it by then and I have one major reservation about the whole thing....

How easy is it to find decent petrol on the way there??? Sounds like a bit of an open-ended question but my car is currently set-up for Optimax and I would prefer to keep it that way!

Would I have to pick my route carefully taking in locations of know Optimax vendors or is there another way??? 95 ron + octane booster any good? I know very little on the subject of European Fuel as I usually fly where ever I go then rent a shitty hire car!

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated - and any suggested routes and/or tips will go down well too!

Gaz

Yeah, you can get down there within 1 tank anyway, and they have stations all around the track that sell 98+ RON fuel and as Marco says you can easily find decent fuel on the way down, so you wont have a problem.

Just make sure you get some footage :)

Your best route.. probably the E40 E40 E40 :D That takes you 90% of the way.

Hello people!

:drown:

How easy is it to find decent petrol on the way there???

Ask CJ how easy it is to find decent petrol. Or any petrol in fact! LOL! Seriously though, for some reason there seem to be bugger all petrol stations on the Autobahn route down to the 'ring. Make sure you fill up before crossing into Germany if you go the same way we did.

Ask CJ how easy it is to find decent petrol. Or any petrol in fact! LOL! Seriously though, for some reason there seem to be bugger all petrol stations on the Autobahn route down to the 'ring. Make sure you fill up before crossing into Germany if you go the same way we did.

You must have taken a really bizzare route to get there :badidea:

Thanks for all the replys people, some very useful information here - especially the shell garage finder, will have to take the laptop with me and use!

1st time I have been there you see so I want everything to go a smoothly as possible. Booked the time off from work today so its a date... 30th June to the 4th July. Can't wait!

Cheers, and :respekt:

Gaz

P.S. Anyone else going on these dates???

Guest sunnyG83

me and my mate were going to head out on the 28th of june but if some of you guys are going on the 29-30th then we might aswell meet up with you guys on the way there. not going back on the 4th though as we are doing a euro-sup trip yipeee.