The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HKS Pillow Ball Mounts

Guest Ash

This subject came up on the other list just recently about fitting the HKS pillow ball mounts to the MKIV in order to provide camber adjustment.

Could I please make clear to everyone that it is NOT possible to adjust camber using a pillow-ball mount on the MKIV. Fit them to look pretty by all means, but not to adjust camber.

On some cars it is possible to fit a pillow-ball mount which gives you a handy means of quickly adjusting camber for track days, and so forth. But the suspension design of the MKIV precludes this.  

Yours,

J

Because it's a whole load easier simply changing the angle of the strut from the top-mount. Plus, not all cars have camber adjustment and adjustable pillow-ball mounts can provide a means for this.

Yours,

J

Quote: from Ash on 2:06 pm on July 24, 2001[br]

Because it's a whole load easier simply changing the angle of the strut from the top-mount. Plus, not all cars have camber adjustment and adjustable pillow-ball mounts can provide a means for this.

Yours,

J

When you say "not all cars" do you mean not all MKIVs because that was what I was referring to. I understand lesser metal has to have bits added but are you saying some MKIVs have to have surgery.

If not, back to my point.....

Alex..............

Please don't get upset. My post never mentioned you. In fact, I didn't even know that it *was* you who made the recent post. Nor did I know that CW had responded.

My post was prompted by several private emails from people who were a tad confused by what they had read on the other list and they were asking me for my opinion.

As I'd got several emails on basically the same topic I posted to the BBS as I thought it would be of interest to the group.    

Yours,

J

Paul, I meant not all makes of car.

All MKIVs have adjustable camber standard. But some owners have fitted the HKS pillow-ball top mounts as they look kinda nice.

Yours,

J  

Quote: from Ash on 5:21 pm on July 24, 2001[br]

Not yet but I'm sure me and Justin could come up with something. :biggrin:

Yours,

J

I think I'm getting the picture here. There's a name-your-own-price market for useless/redundant kit which looks nice and preferably makes sporty sounding noises.

Hmm! How about an aerodynamic carbon rear view mirror which pipes the sound of the exhaust up into the car. Better yet, how about piping the exhaust fumes up into the car.

Would make a nice option if you could direct exhaust at the passenger area only. Give someone a lift you don't like and asphyxiate them. Sounds okay to me. :biggrin:

Yours,

J