The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bad Day

gregsupra4

Just thought I might share with you all my bad day.

4 hours stuck on the M25 due to some nob breaking down in the middle lane.

3 1/2 hours with a so called IT expert from Ricoh Uk trying to tell me how to install Win 2003 server ( Twat was about 17 and had no idea ) even though I have now completed 96 2003 server installs.

2 1/2 hours drive back to Mk with Mr I own the road lorry drivers and bet I am faster than you by under taking BMW drivers.

Having about 5 gallons of shite driping out of my nose.

And last but not least the WILD BEAN CAFE selling crap at stupid prices.

Do I feel better now ?

NO.

:giveup:

Well my bad day has now been overtaken by today being the worst day of the year so far.

Just spent 12 hours working on a customers TT, just a few upgrades, De-cat, FCD, AVCR.

Took it down to the rolling road to check out the mods and bugger me best dyno run was only 314bhp, something was wrong not only that but the car kept holding back and would not pick up smoothly.

Went back to the workshop and started to back track over all the work done, removed the AVCR and put the VSV pipework back to stock still no change, removed the exhast ring still no change, removed the FCD and bingo she came back to life.

Must admit that this is the 2nd HKS FCD that we have had that is faulty but this one was not dead like the other it was constantly changing it's output voltage so telling the ECU many times a second stock boost then overboost poor fuel pump must of been jumping for england.

OK so the customer is going to bring the car back soon and we will go through the whole upgrade again but the new FCD will be checked on one of our test cars before it ever get's near his car.

Oh forgot to mention as a sorry to the customer for a totaly wasted day we are going to fit FOC a FMIC, Waldro fuel pump, upgraded injectors and reduce the original bill.

:giveup:

I remember when I had an HKS FCD fitted on my old GT4 Carlos Sainz ... they made a couple of the wires just a couple of inches longer and that was enough to stuff it up - it ran like a dog. Once they where cut back and fitted again to normal length, Bingo!

Shaun.