The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clifford alarm

jackso11

Has anyone with a clifford alarm got the following problem.

The noise it makes when someone gets close, to warn them away. Mine seems to make it every 30 mins or so. I decreased the sensitivity, but then I can lean on the car without it making the noise. The first stage of sensitivity it works on, it does it every 30 mins.....sometimes not for a couple of hours, sometimes more frequent. For example, its done it twice while I have been typing this!

Ideas?

Matt, can you help maybe?

I had a similar problem with my Clifford alarm and the installer said that metallic objects like coins near the sensor can cause problems.

I checked in the ash tray and found a couple of 2 pence pieces in there. Removed them and it has been fine ever since.

I remember last summer, for several nights in a row, the prox noise would sound a couple of times at around 3am. This started to confuse the hell out of me, as I'd jump up, look out of the window, and there would be nobody about.

After a few days I stayed looking out of the window for a few extra minutes, and saw a cat strolling out from under the car! After shoo-ing it away, it didn't happen again :D

Guest Yankyboy

Its a Microwave emiter so i was told and thats why its so sensitive to organic stuff......or things with some kinda moisture in it. but havent had any probs with mine and i keep loads of change in my center console where my sensor is. Also the proximity on the sensor creeps out over time so you have to regulary check the sensitivity from time to time.

• 1 month later...