The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a TT

Matt 6

After as much advise a pssible please guys.

I currently have an NA Supra and the missus has a BMW Cab. Now she is bored of the Cab and wants something Jap again (she has had a few flash Jap things in the past you see). She is worried about owning a TT Supra because of it coming on boost when she doesn't expect it to and loosing it, which is fair comment in my eyes.

Now there is a VERY good upside to her thinking like this :ecstatic: :ecstatic:

If she decides that a Supra is what she deffinatly wants then she has offered to buy ME a TT so she can have my NA :rlol: Now how good is she :ecstatic:

She won't have a massive budget though, I would think somewhere around £6k - £7k. What condition of car am I likely to find for this money? What sort of spec car would I get? Manual/Auto? What should I look out for? Would I be better looking for another NA to try and get a better car for my money as I don't want to be buying trouble if I can help it. I know TT fetch more money than NA's you see. Any advice is great please guys.

I think you could get a nice NA for £7k mate, but for that money you could also get a TT, albeit maybe a little older. After owning both, I would plump for a TT any day, just be wary that your insurance will probably go up as will running costs (not by masses though).....

For some reason the Supra market is really slow right now, so you will be able to get yourself a bargain, probably one from this site. There are a couple of TTs for sale now for your budget in the for sale section, so it might be worth checking them out. At least buying from a member will give you a little more confidence as you would hope they have looked after them properly....

Spec wise, I would say your looking at the older end of the market, but specs are so different these days its hard to say. I would personally be looking for a relatively standard car, with as low a mileage as possible, Auto (I just love Auto's), in black or silver......

Not a great deal of help, but there are millions of threads on the subject of buying Soops. Do your research before buying - thats the best tip!!

Nick

Yeah, really like the NA I have already got but can't see the point in getting another if I could get myself a nice TT for the same money. I am not bothered what year the car is, as long as it has been looked after and drives fine.

If all I am going to get TT wise is something high mileage and abused then I will just get another NA for the time until we can afford more.

If the missus is going to buy you a TT and take your NA, then why can't you top up her cash to make sure you get a nice example. Sounds like an easy way to get a very nice TT for 3K if you ask me :D or is this an example of "what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine"

:respekt: to your missus though, like her thinking :thumbs:

Mike

If the missus is going to buy you a TT and take your NA, then why can't you top up her cash to make sure you get a nice example. Sounds like an easy way to get a very nice TT for 3K if you ask me :D or is this an example of "what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine"

:respekt: to your missus though, like her thinking :thumbs:

Mike

Wish I had £3k to spare mate, if I did then I would:) :)

We share cars quite well, I don't mind if she takes mine (if she asks first that is) and quite often I have to take hers if she wants something looking at as its my job ( I'm a mechanic by trade). She has driven my NA quite abit before I parked it up for the winter and apart from me scaring her in it when I drive, as I like to go sideways if possible on my local roads, she is fine with it. Having two Supra's in the household sounds like a great idea to me!!!

"Now what should I take to work today? The NA Supra or the TT Supra?"

Hard choice!!! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

matt - you could take m tt if you wanted :) having sleepless nights on whether i should sell or not!!. the supra is a brilliant car as you know.

just don't get time to enjoy it with unsociable work hours and the responsibilities of a 14 month old baby!!. :wakeup:

may take pics this weekend if i definitely decide to sell.

matt - you could take m tt if you wanted :) having sleepless nights on whether i should sell or not!!. the supra is a brilliant car as you know.

just don't get time to enjoy it with unsociable work hours and the responsibilities of a 14 month old baby!!. :wakeup:

may take pics this weekend if i definitely decide to sell.

Let me know more mate when you have thought about it some more. Send me an email to [email protected] with pics and spec mate and I will let you know. :)