The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with a GZ20 - D1 project car...

Guest cptsideways

Guest cptsideways

Hi Guys

Not been on this forum for a long while, but having just picked up a GZ20 with the 2.0L Twin turbo & manual too!! I'm looking for some advice & general direction pointing. I'll be building the car for the D1 GB rounds, so its a full strip down and build up.

Anybody on here with some tips on the tuning side?

From what I gather the main running gear is all Supra based, so I'm after any goodies you lot might have lying around....

Coilovers (it has the Toyota adjustables at present)

Paddle clutch

Some tasty wheels split rims if poss

Engine tuning goodies

A decent aggressive diff

Anything else that might come in handy

Might be keen on a 2.5 Twin Turbo if theres one about.

Here she is all shiny & original

hey guys i just sold my arches to paul on miami gt, im selling my other kit and have loads pictures if any one is interested for a reasonable price as the kit is fairly new and all original as follows:

wings west front splitter paid 250 pounds have receipt

veilside side skirts

veilside original spats rear with receipt from nemesis paid 250 cash

bomex rear spoiler un-sprayed brand new paid 350 pounds cash

original supra spoiler

uk spec supra rear bumper

im selling these as im putting a whole new kit on and anyone interested contact me for picture on 07951or email at [email protected]

:hijack: :dir: ???

hey guys i just sold my arches to paul on miami gt, im selling my other kit and have loads pictures if any one is interested for a reasonable price as the kit is fairly new and all original as follows:

wings west front splitter paid 250 pounds have receipt

veilside side skirts

veilside original spats rear with receipt from nemesis paid 250 cash

bomex rear spoiler un-sprayed brand new paid 350 pounds cash

original supra spoiler

uk spec supra rear bumper

im selling these as im putting a whole new kit on and anyone interested contact me for picture on 051 358535 or email at [email protected]

stick these in the "parts for sale section" mate

Anybody on here with some tips on the tuning side? From what I gather the main running gear is all Supra based.

Not many 20 Series Soarers in the UK. Try the toymods forum in Oz for info on the 1G-GTE.

It's Mk3 Supra rather than Mk4, and the GA70 also used the 1G-GTE.

P.S. Where in the South West are you? TIF have a meet near Newbury at the beginning of March. Lots of 30 Series Soarers, but we've never seen a GZ20.

Guest cptsideways

Cheers guys for the tips

Its looking straightforward from a driveline onwards point of view, nice and simple swapsies.

Anyone know of any MA70 owners who've done a 1JZ-GTE swap??

Anyone know of any MA70 owners who've done a 1JZ-GTE swap??

Haven't heard of anyone swapping a 1JZ into a Mk 3 in the UK. I think Arnout has done some http://www.supras.nl.

I believe there was a GZ20 with a 1JZ-GTE on Soarer Central in OZ. The Aussies reckon that the W58 is a bit marginal for the 1JZ and tend to use the R154 for auto to manual changes on Soarers.

Your best bet is Toymods, lots of old school Soarers in Australia, and they love all sorts of engine swaps.