The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poorly Supra

MARTIN R

Ok my car is not running well at all. For the guys on here that know me will understand that my technical know how is zero:giveup: So I will give the best explanation I can.

1. When the car is a idle it feels like a miss fire or like the car may stall

2. When moving off she almost sounds like its miss firing or imitating a spitfire

It also feels like power loss through the exhaust ( description not diagnosis:eyebrows: )

To be honest she sounds like a bag of bolts today. ( The car had a major service just last month)

Car is a NA by the way

Sounds like an injector is locked open and dumping fuel in to 1 cylinder.

I've had that before (because I'm an idiot with wires and kept grounding the 5th) but a faulty injector could cause the same.

Run it, stop it, take the plugs out - see if one is soaked with fuel.

I've had that before (because I'm an idiot with wires and kept grounding the 5th) but a faulty injector could cause the same.

Thanks, will get it checked

Guest SUPAzNmayn

Exact Thing Happened To Mine I Got It Checked Out By The Dealer And He Said 2 Holes Where The Sparkplug Goes Into Were Soaked In Water. Costed Me 250 For Labor Fee And Will Cost Me 500 To Get Spark Plugs Dis.rotor/cap/wires Replaced. =(

Had exactly the same problem Martin.

Have you driven the car lately?

This was the problem, water in the gaps for the plugs, ended up taking the plugs out, spraying the water out, drying the gap and plugs. The time consuming thing is getting to the plugs! You have to remove half the engine. There was a guide on here that I used for this. Sure enough once i'd completed this, she purred like a baby. :)

You might also like to try taking her for a good run, get some heat in the engine to evapourate any water residing in there. This should also work. Any probs mate, feel free to give me a shout.

Had exactly the same problem Martin.

Have you driven the car lately?

This was the problem, water in the gaps for the plugs, ended up taking the plugs out, spraying the water out, drying the gap and plugs. The time consuming thing is getting to the plugs! You have to remove half the engine. There was a guide on here that I used for this. Sure enough once i'd completed this, she purred like a baby. :)

You might also like to try taking her for a good run, get some heat in the engine to evapourate any water residing in there. This should also work. Any probs mate, feel free to give me a shout.

Problem has started since the drive back from Stockport, going to get it looked at on wednesday