The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sell or Keep

UltraFlynn

why are u keep getting problems ? ie what probs small or large

in japan age should not make much difference say from a 93 example to a 96.

mike b has a 94 supra in better conditon than some 96,97 i have seen.

what kind of condition was car when u bought it, most supras are pretty reliable afik.

1.warped discs

2.boot rattles

is only probs i have come accross

I always get the classic quote "its fast enough already" from the other half when I mention singles

My wife (bless her) thought that a single turbo would be slower than the twin-turbo because it has have as many turbos. When I mentioned that a single turbo would give 600-700bhp she simply said "No" :)

I only asked because in the heat of the "Single Turbo" discussion she mentioned that I should just go out and buy a newer Supra once her new kitchen has been fitted this summer.

I'm not convinced that changing my Supra for one 3 years newer is really going to solve the problem or bits getting old and needing to be replaced.

What’s wrong with it or are you just pre-empting the fact its getting old now and things are likely to start going wrong.

How about option 5 just sell it and drive your 2005 landcrusier!

It's more about pre-empting the fact that it's getting old. The car is going really well at the moment.

Option 5 is not an option because I need two cars ....... oh, and did I mention that I utterly adore Supras. It's a addiction thing.

keep the supe mate :ecstatic:

Oh, there's no way I'm getting rid of the Supra. That's not in question. The question is whether it gets replaced by a newer one.

I think on balance I'm better off with what I've got. At least I know that the brakes and crankshaft pulley are both tip-top. :)

I got a new job today which is why the subject of spending money again has come up. I think I've worn her down a bit so some adjustable boost may be on the cards next .......

Sorry for the hijack, im starting to think along similar lines here as well

mine is a '94' 80k on the clock, and I am wondering if it would be cheaper to rebuild the existing car when things let go or chop it in for a newer model.....I own the car now and have nothing left to pay on her so not sure what to do?

Mikey

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the hijack, im starting to think along similar lines here as well

mine is a '94' 80k on the clock, and I am wondering if it would be cheaper to rebuild the existing car when things let go or chop it in for a newer model.....I own the car now and have nothing left to pay on her so not sure what to do?

Mikey

My thoughts exactly. I'm certainly not consider being without a Supra but it's whether to get a newer one.