The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RAC autowindscreen Argh!

China Man

Hi,

After Bovington last year and a few crazy speed up and down motorways my windscreen have built up 4-5 chip. I am with elephant insurance which I can give a 50 excess and have the windscreen replaced.

Called them up 4 months ago and they said they need to order it from japan, they took my model and chasse number. A month ago they call me and said it is ready but I was too busy to get it done. This week is my holiday and after 2 hours waiting at the fitting centre they come and tell me that the windscreen is not the right one argh!!!

I told them a few member have problem with generic trim and they have no clue what I am talking about :drown:

Should I bring a Toyota trim there next time and ask them to use that instead? not expensive I think?

China

Toyota windscreen trim is a crazy price which is why most windscreen companies try to use an alternative (usually transit van cut to size).

I know the part numbers have been posted on the site before and I'm too lazy to look right now, but insist on the right trim or any other will rub and cause problems in the end.