The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to put a second gauge (not pillar, clock or vent)

Pig

Ok guys i have my boost gauge in my clock and love it there because its subtle!

I dont want to loose my vent or have a pillar pod...where can i put my AFR gauge? Please post pics or ideas if you have any suggestions!

Thanks i really appreciate any (constructive) input! :D

Terry if your reading this, you have a gauge on the right of the steering wheel, could mine go there?

I've got my boost gauge down on the right hand side of the dash. Just above where you put the key in the ignition. It's an awful place. The only way to see what boost you're getting is to look down (and to tilt your head over to the right) and that's not ideal because you should really be looking at the road. My advice is not to put it there.

Its the AEM one! You know the one, cant be arsed looking for pics!

Definate no to the glove box as its an air bag for me! Sound like a no to by the keys!

And not sure about the behind the steering wheel one, anyone got any pics of that?

Cause IMO the plastic they come in generally looks shit and doesnt fit properly!

Edit: Where did you get the chrome surrounds? that looks really nice! :D

Mine is a good fit, made of fibreglass and is an exact copy of the original trim (pattern wise) and holds 2 gauges.

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/defi1.jpg

just though as a temp, i could put my boost gauge up there and get my clock back. sad i know but i miss it sSSOOOOOOO much!

Heckler, where did you get your really good fitting one?

Edit: bob cool idea,,.....prob is im skint and i like my airbag!

i could put my boost gauge up there and get my clock back. sad i know but i miss it sSSOOOOOOO much!

Not that sad tho - every time I've sacrificed a clock in a car for a guage it's irritated me! That's why my boost guage is in the middle air vent in mine. Never understood what that one's actually for!