The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Having a fun drive....then..

Fifty

:slap:

Went the 70 miles to work again this morning, very cold but no problems.

On the way home; about 60 miles from base...big total loss of power and engine lite on. Few revs and shes OK again, lite goes out and I carry on homeward. Occasional rough running particularly in traffic; off we fgo again up to 90 + no problem ; no engine lite nowt. Next thing just reversing in to home bup bup bup total misfire v-BLOODY COIL PACK CLIPS.

Any other ideas what can cause this total loss??

52:innocent:

now i'm also worried - had car serviced yesterday and only 1 clip is in place while the other 5 are broken. spoke to steve manley today but he doesn't know the part number for these clips. can anyone here help with the part number ?:sos:

thanks

:slap:

Went the 70 miles to work again this morning, very cold but no problems.

On the way home; about 60 miles from base...big total loss of power and engine lite on. Few revs and shes OK again, lite goes out and I carry on homeward. Occasional rough running particularly in traffic; off we fgo again up to 90 + no problem ; no engine lite nowt. Next thing just reversing in to home bup bup bup total misfire v-BLOODY COIL PACK CLIPS.

Any other ideas what can cause this total loss??

52:innocent:

I am unsure but when I had an intermitant fault and no fault codes were stored it ended up being the ECU that was faulty. Fitted 1 over a week ago now and the cars not missed beat. This was on my manaul n/a.

When mine packed up and i restarted it it would miss fire and bang etc or i could start it and it'd be fine. It could last hours with no problems or have 5 dicky fits in 30 seconds. Was very stange.

Gaz

ECU - hmmm. and just how do you tell if its that :rlol: swap it I guess is that a big job?

I have new clips btw so Ill take cover off this morning and give em a wiggle. Problem is it needs to be misfiring before you can see which one is duff! at the moment it went back to normal. Since I got the warning lite I will check the code - it will be 14 the ignition one Im sure.

Intermittent faulTs are a PITA!