The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno'd today

letmeshowyou

I did wonder that when I ordered them but figured it would be ok for when I was eventually running 1.2

Are they likely to give me any problems?

Only thing they can really harm is you emmissions and starting performance, when not tanking it.

Guest Flat4_ire
Had the car on a rolling road this morning following my exploits at the weekend. Spec as per my sig and she recorded 290rwhp at just over a bar.

What do people think? About right?

Adi.

(Bring on an exhaust!!)

that seems fairly impressive, isnt that over 380bhp flywheel? pretty good with those mods i be thinkin

Guest Flat4_ire
Depends what they say the percentage lose is, but i recon about 357fwhp.

Get rid of the other cat mate :clap:

ahh right, when i had my rolling road (4wd) the sheet gave both flywheel and wheel horspower, did yours? 360bhp is still good considering only one cat removed

Ok, total thread hijack but I'm a little confused so need to ask. Sorry 'letmeshowyou'!!

My car is totally standard but I'm fully decating in the next couple of weeks. I'm currently on 0.7 - 0.8 bar and hoping for around 1.0 - 1.2 bar when the decat is done.

What kind of approx figures do you think I'm running now and what kind of approx figures will l be running afterwards? I'm auto Jspec btw and it's a '94....

It's the rwhp and fwhp that's confusing me? which is which and what figure do people normally quote when quoting bhp?

fwhp = the power the engine is putting out. Only true way to measure this is on an engine dyno.

rwhp = power at the rear wheels (with transmission losses etc taken into account)

There's so much contention on % power losses it's usually safest to quote wheel or hub figures. Bear in mind auto's suffer more loss than manual ones. What's yours?