The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust

stevie_b

The exhaust system (back box, cats, etc) on my supe is starting to rust away: they've probably got a year or two left, but thinking about replacing them sometime. I don't want any performance-enhancing mods like a decat, and don't want a big tail pipe either.

My options seems to be:

1) Get a 2nd hand exhaust system, although that will have started to rust as well. Also, do cats deteriorate if left as spare parts in a garage?

2) Get a new stock system from Mr T. Downside is it's VERY expensive for what you get (i.e. rust-prone). This would be fine if they didn't charge quite so much.

3) Get a new stainless system from somewhere that's as close to stock as possible. This would be good, budget allowing.

Any thoughts, especially on whether buying 2nd hand cats is worth it or not? Does anyone have any standard-ish aftermarket systems they recommend? It's an NA I want it for.

Thanks,

Steve

New stainless from anyone else. There's plenty to choose from and there should be one that isn't too obtrusive. Cheaper than Toyota though.

Maybe Powerflow can help design one for you?

I've heard some members rate their products. I have no first hand experience of them.

I am about to replace the whole system on my N/A - i'm sure we can come to some deal if you want my standard system? :eyebrows: My Sup only has 45k on the clock and the exhaust system is solid, and looks pretty damn good.

Thanks guys. As ever, really good tips here. I'll check out Powerflow and Mongoose.

pjay: that sounds very tempting indeed. When do you think you'll be changing the system over? (I'm in no hurry, just curious). Could I have first dibs on that please? PM me a price if you've got one in mind.

Steve

pjay: that sounds very tempting indeed. When do you think you'll be changing the system over? (I'm in no hurry, just curious). Could I have first dibs on that please? PM me a price if you've got one in mind.

Steve

Hopefully by the end of Feb....

Where abouts are you?

I'll take whatever you're offering for the system, it just offsets the cost of an RSR system for me.

Where abouts are you?

I'll take whatever you're offering for the system, it just offsets the cost of an RSR system for me.

just a pointer mate, but although the RS*R will sound bloody fantastic the pipe is only mild steel and not stainless. :mobile:

lol, not at all pikey mate. if that's your budget then you gotta go with what you got.

to be honest i couldn't afford a full stainless either but i decided that it was better to invest in one that'll last longer than a little less on one that will eventually rust away. just my opinion and trust me this in no way makes me right lol

oh...and my exhaust was probably only an extra £40 on top of the price of an RS*R btw

:rolleyes:

Where abouts are you?

Perfect. I'm in Basingstoke, so it'd be easy for me to pick it up in person. :thumbs:

Is the backbox in good nick too? I've been offered a new stock one, but if yours is in good nick I'll take it along with the rest of the system.

I'll PM you in the next day or so with details.

Steve

Hi Stevie B

I have a Cat back standard N/A exhaust in the garage off the N/A i used to own you can have that at a small cost mate and its in very very good condition hardly any rust, i went the Powerflow way when i had the soop and kept the standard stuff cos it was in such good nic

Cheers

Ian

• 3 weeks later...