The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Manifold Instalition

terribleturner

dont think they had to do that to mine... i'm sure i will be corrected though..lol

They would have to Burt or swap them out ( just the bottom set)...otherwise the manifold wont bolt up mate.

Borrow a grinder or use a hacksaw then it's cheap as chips. Circa 8 notes to have the studs made for memory.

This is for the BL manifold mind you.

If you are using the cast jobbie I think you have then no you should not have to , all depends on what make and fitment. Fit it up 1st before you cut anything.

The BL guide IS for BL products only and can be only taken as a very rough guide for any other kits due to makers differences.

With Arnout's manifold I didnt have to cut any studs, IIRC your TT one looks similar.

And to confirm what Mig said BL tubular manifolds do need some shorter studs, about 10mm shorter, again IIRC as I made the last batch for Matt H.

Unfortunatly I nolonger have the facilities to make any more.

Mig how much are replacment bolts do you think?? And are they easy to remove?? Just wanna work out if it's cheeaper to buy a grinder or not??

Take them out and cut with a hack saw. Job done. Dont cut the heads off the studs or you wll have great fun if you ever get a frozen nut. OOhh did I say that.

Well i may buy a grinder they week before and if it measures up and i need them grinded then i can do so, but if not i'll just take it back :D

The bloke i would normally borrow it off is in OZ, how inconciderate :D

i have a grinder you can borrow if needed james:)

Take them out and cut with a hack saw. Job done. Dont cut the heads off the studs or you wll have great fun if you ever get a frozen nut. OOhh did I say that.

Unfortunately you have to. The studs have a shank in the middle so even if you cut the arse off them they will only still wind into the same lenght as before with less thread in the head. So you either have to cut the head of the studs or thread up the shank, I would not recomend threading the shank to get rid of it as they will then have a tendency to pull into the head to far.

Unfortunately you have to. The studs have a shank in the middle so even if you cut the arse off them they will only still wind into the same lenght as before with less thread in the head. So you either have to cut the head of the studs or thread up the shank, I would not recomend threading the shank to get rid of it as they will then have a tendency to pull into the head to far.

Oh my bad. Sorry I'll stay in after school and write out one hundred times " I must not talk out of my arse."

So proper shortend studs would be the best bet. I just dont like the thought of having difficulty getting out a stud, especially given the location.