The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Big Thumbs Up To UK Brakes

terribleturner

Well after getting my J-Spec brakes upgraded to a full UK set up i couldn't help feel slightly disapointed with spending the extra money for not that more stopping power. But today as i was coming home there was a broken down car on the otherside at the Northalt junction on the A40. Before we got to it the car in front braked because of rubber neckers. We were only doing 50 but i slamed on the brakes and stopped almost straight away :D. The Tracation light was flashing on the dash as i came to a stop which i'd never noticed before too.

So after a few months of not being sure if they were worth it or not i am now convinced it was a good upgrade :ecstatic:

Did you upgrade to braided lines whilst you were at it?

I noticed a HUGE difference between Jspec and bigger 4 pots. Mine have braided lines too.

I had before the J-specs with C.Wilson Fast Road pads, now have UK's Braided lines and C.Wilson pads again. Oh and Brembo front Disc's.

Next test, stopping from 150:D

Yeah i look forward to that :hide:

The eurospec-brakes and the 4-channel abs...have saved my ass quite a few times too :D

What gives me a buzz...everytime it happens...is when youre going "fast"...and have to slow down quickly...for some reason or other...i usually use a combination of brakes and engine-braking....and IF...im a little to eager on the engine-braking part...you can actually feel (and to some extent hear) the 4-abs channels MAKING SHURE youre going in the inteded direction! :D

My last car was a BMW 4 door and I was on a motoway exit doing around 80 then there was traffic built up which I didn't see earlier. Foot on brakes and the car won't stop and the car in front gets bigger and bigger and I go "oh shit oh shit oh shit"

saying that I have my foot on the brakes for more than 30s and the car finally stopped when it kissed the Golf in front........

no damage but defo a loud kiss. I jump off the car and said shit, so sorry are you alright? the guy was cool and said no harm done :)

Incase anyone missed the post, I fitted a Cusco brake master cylinder brace on my car the other day which really made a difference to the feel and power of my brakes (see post [thread=57215]HERE[/thread]).

Might be worth checking to see how much movement you have on the master cylinder.

Talking of BMWs and UK/JSpec brakes:

Before I got my UK brakes, I was going along the M27 on the way home from work when an old shape 325 beemer in front of me had to do an emergency stop because there had just been an accident in the fast lane right in front of him.

I was too close to him (yeah yeah I know) so I had to brake VERY hard as well. The thing was, when I'd come to a complete stop the Beemer was still screetching it's tyres. From 80mph I could stop at least 50 feet before the BMW.

Those 'crap' JSpec brakes are good enough for me.